Lecturer : - Paul HoldenLecturer : - Paul Holden
10 weeks study10 weeks study
09:30 – 12:3009:30 – 12:30
17th Edition Wiring Regulations
• What are the 16th Edition Wiring
• What is the purpose of the regulations?
• What will this qualification do for me?
• What does it involve to study these
• How will I be assessed?
What are the 17th Edition Wiring
• 300+ pages of information & the On Site
Guide (when issued)
• Known as "the Regs book"
• Issued by the Institute of Electrical
• Requirements for Electrical Installations
• IEE Wiring Regulations Seventeenth
Edition BS 7671: 2008
• Non-statutory document
What is the purpose of the
• SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY AND SAFETY
• Divided into 7 parts with appendices and the On Site Guide
• Part 1 - Scope, Object and Fundamental Requirements for
• Part 2 - Definitions
• Part 3 - Assessment of general Characteristics
• Part 4 - Protection for Safety
• Part 5 - Selection and Erection of Equipment
• Part 6 - special Installations or Locations
• Part 7 - Inspection and Testing
• Appendices - 15 off
• On Site Guide
What will this Qualification do for
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification -
City & Guilds 2381-01
• Required by N.I.C.E.I.C. for registration
• Increase employment prospects
What does it involve to study
You would need: --
• To be qualified to City & Guilds 2360 part 2 (or
• Approximately 30 hours training
You will learn: --
• Where to find information in the books
• How to interpret this information
• The requirements for special locations
• The requirements for inspecting and testing
• How to use the tables and appendices
• The contents of the On - Site Guide
How will I be assessed?
• Multiple choice, on-line, City and Guilds
• 60 questions.
• 2 hours duration.
• When? - At end of course (week 12 ish)
18:00 – 20:00 hrs.
• Where? – Hagley Road Centre
Clear as mud?
• Anyone got any questions?
• Let’s get started.