The Changing Landscape
Of buyers don’t believe that
sales understands their
business and don’t think
they can help
Decision makers change
roles every year.
People on average are
involved in the buying
More critical players
Select Target Accounts
• Who do you sell to?
• Do you segment by industry, company size, type of sale?
• How do you ID accounts for territories?
• Lowest hanging fruit
• Size of prize
Investigate & Identify
After selecting accounts, determine...
• Decision makers
...likely 5+ people
• Research Pain points
• Treat company as whole vs one person
• How do pain points align with value prop?
• Develop content for industry and role
• Tailor messaging to specific account
• Build storylines of success to share with similar accounts
* Do NOT send exact same message to everyone
Investigate & Identify2
Most attractive prospects
(best fit for product & size of prize)
Scan social, company website, &
tap into connections to gather insights
Create tailored messaging/resources
specific to industry & role
Use multi-channel approach
to engage DMs at all levels
Select Target Accounts1
*Utilize technology to scale - remember to maintain a personal touch