3. We’ll cover...1 The major downside of online businesses2 Two ways to overcome this gap3 Q&A
4. DO YOU KNOW YOURCustomer?
5. Brick and mortar has a BIG advantage...
6. So there’s this sushi place I go to regularly
7. They greet me by name every time
8. Sometimes I forget to order miso soup...
9. They recommend new rolls that I’d like
10. Here’s what they do every time: 1 Personalized greeting 2 Helpful reminders 3 Customized service
11. The Bottom Line They provide amazing service because they know who I am.
12. WHAT ABOUT ONLINEBusiness?
13. Where’s your customer?
14. We face a major gap
15. Customers get lost in our data
16. We know what’s happening...
17. But not who’s doing it.
18. This creates some problems...
19. Your product isn’t as useful as it could be.
20. Your marketing doesn’t resonate.
21. Customers get bored.
22. You’re not growing nearly as fast as you could.
23. BRIDGING THE Gap
24. Method #1 TALK TO YOUR Customers
25. Talking to customers doesn’t happen by accident
26. And email isn’t good enough
27. Start by interviewing 10 customers 10
28. Best practices for interviews 1 Focus on the problem 2 Don’t sell anything 3 Use ScheduleOnce for scheduling 4 Look for trends to act on
29. Repeat for new markets, features, and products
30. What if customers don’t respond?
31. If B2B, offer a free consultation
32. If B2C, offer a free lunch
33. What about usability tests?
34. What usability tests can’t tell you 1 Which features to focus on 2 Main objections of your target market 3 The copy that will resonate the most
35. Method #2 CONNECT YOUR DATA TO Customers
36. Get customer analytics
37. Every data point needs to be tied to an individual
38. You want to know: 1 Where that person originally came from 2 All the purchases they’ve made 3 How they use your site/app 4 The exact workflow
39. Let’s look at some examples
40. Marketers: Get the ROI of your traffic sources
41. Product Managers: Know what to improve
42. Sales Reps: Know what leads are interested in
43. Where can we find customer analytics?
44. VIP KISSmetrics Demo go.kissmetrics.com/webinar-14
45. When looking at customer analytics platforms... Make sure that the data gets tied to individuals for the long term.