113: Interview with David Kershner of Foreign and Domestic Book Series
113: Interview with David
Kershner, Author of the 3-
Part, and soon to be 4,
Book Series “Foreign and
By Ken Jensen
Who is David Kershner?
• David Kershner is a husband,
father of two teenage daughters.
• David is an avid outdoorsman
(hunting, fishing, camping,
• David is passionate about self
reliance, self sufficiency, and
• David wrote a fictional series
dealing with the collapse of the
food system which leads to
financial collapse and terrorism.
What do David books provide?
• Each book provides information on a wide range of
preparedness topics: food prep and storage (root cellar),
heirloom seed procurement and harvesting, medicinal herb
uses, emergency medical, independence, alt energy, BOB, BOL,
Message Body and Questions:
• There are people out there that think that they HAVE TO
HAVE carbs in their diets. They love to make bread. Packets
of yeast last a year at best. What do you do?
• I have a podcast all about harvesting and storing water on
episode 87, theprepperpodcast.com/087. But you have a
simple calculation to measure the gallons people can collect
from roof tops. How do people know how much they can
• If someone were thinking about stockpiling some barter
items, what do you recommend? Where would you start?
• In episode 82, theprepperpodcast.com/082 I talk
about communities. Before SHTF, I should be in a
community, but, if you failed to do it
beforehand, how would you get through the gates
once the SHTF?
• I have covered BOLs in past episodes and more
coming soon, but I realize that this is “the elephant
in the room” with preppers. More discussions are
ALWAYS welcome. If I'm trying to find the 'right'
piece of land, what are some attributes I should be
• What is your next planned survival step?
• Where can EVERYONE get a Copy of the
• What is your most important recommendation for
someone just starting out?
• You have a book out, Tell us about it, and why you
• What kind of information can be learned by
reading your books?
• I have an amazing survival training site coming
out at bestsurvivalskillstraining.com. Would you
be willing to contribute amazing content or a
ridiculous deal for everyone that joins the site?
• How can people find you or where should they