• The original presenter of this show that began
on April 12, 1972 was Hamid Sayani. After the
first four years, Hamid died and the show was
taken over by his brother. Who hosts in now?
• Born Robert Allen Zimmerman, he used
perform at the Ten O'Clock Scholar, a
coffeehouse a few blocks from University of
Minnestota campus. Here, inspired by X, he
got himself the name we know him by. Who?
• In the Hindi heartland, this phrase is used by
gossiping housewives to describe in-laws’
place. It is explained as “in-laws’ house looks
attractive from outside, but is not so when
you stay there for some time”. Which phrase?
• The format of the show was devised by David
Briggs, who, along with Steven Knight and
Mike Whitehill, devised a number of the
promotional games for Chris Tarrant's
breakfast show on Capital FM radio, such as
the bong game. The original working title for
the show was Cash Mountain. The original
British version, hosted by Tarrant, debuted on
the ITV network on September 4, 1998
• Which show?
• Stanley Victor "Stan" Collymore is a retired
English football player of mixed Afro-
Caribbean and English ancestry. He is
currently an English football pundit. He held
the British transfer record when he moved
from Nottingham Forest to Liverpool for
£8.5 million in 1995
• What movie did he “act” in?
• What “religious” thing connects these
movies? (not exhaustive)
– Vaah, life ho to aisi
– Ragini MMS
– London dreams
• The ingredients are beef or lamb, wheat,
barley, lentils, spices and ghee and sprinkled
with lemon juice and/or spicy masala to adjust
flavor to the taste of the eater. Legend has it
that it took nearly a week to make a perfect
dish. Which dish?
• X the second largest film industry in the world
in terms of number of annual film
productions, placing it ahead of the United
States and behind the Indian film industry.
What is X / identify the country in which X is
• In the US, Mexico and Canada, a franchised
restaurant chain named IHOP has restaurants
serving X at all hours of the day.
• Expand IHOP / What is X?
Name the drink (hint: look at the color
– A song written by John Lennon, and released on
Apple Records in February 1970 in both the UK
– An Indian band formed by Ehsaan Noorani, Loy
Mendonsa and Farhad Wadia. According to them,
they do "versions, not remixes"
• A chance meeting with writer, Wali
Mohammad Wali, at a shop in Lahore, led to X
winning his first role in Yamla Jat (1940).
Directed by Moti B. Gidwan, the film featured
Noor Jehan and Durga Khote.
• ID X (hint: think awards this year)
Simply name the Hindi version of this
• Map of Wasseypur, Perpendicular and
Tangent, characters in GoW-2
• In the British Royal Navy, what are these
– Monday: Our ships at sea.
– Tuesday: Our men.
– Wednesday: Ourselves
– Thursday: A bloody war or a sickly season
– Friday: A willing foe and sea room
– Saturday: Sweethearts and wives
– Sunday: Absent friends
• His first name is Apu, a tribute to Satyajit Ray
• The original was as Australian movie of the
silent era – “Our Hospitality”. It was later
made into Maryada Ramanam in Tamil. In
2010, it was made into a Bengali movie
“Phande Poriya Boga Kaande Re”. In 2012, it
was made into what Hindi movie?
• Author of this poem?
– “Momaa ka purse jaise hospital ki pyaari si koi nurse
Purse mein rakha tissue paper karta hai paseene ka ilaaj
Aur lipstick ho jaise bhookhe honton ka anaaj
Momaa ke purse ka hai makhmali sa sparsh
Momaa ka purse, Momaa ka purse”
• Invetnted by Fernand Petiot, its is said to be
"the world's most complex cocktail.“ What?
• X was launched on April 1, 2002. It was
previously owned by the United Arab Emirates
based Abdul Rahman Bukhatir, who was once
a permanent fixture at India-Pakistan cricket
matches at Sharjah. What is X?
Which TV show (be specific) made the
• MTV Roadies Season 6 / Iss Jungle se mujhe
Just name the person who sang the
song in the movie
• Quadate Aqui
• Quedate aqui
En mis brazos
Y no me digas que me amas
No me digas que me adoras
Dime solo que te quedas
Una vida junto a mi
Llevame por alli
Llevame en tus anzias a un lagar
Donde ya no tenga que jurar
Donde ya no tenga que mentir
Donde solo exista para ti.
• Y no me preguntes si te quiero
Que no te preocupe lo que pienso
Que yo soy completamente tuya a mi manera
Pero a cuando quiero ser tu sueño
Yo no me conformo con tus besos
Quiero darte todo lo que siento y mas que eso
• The cast of this movie is as follows
– Anuj Saxena as Maulik
– Neha Pawar as Naina Kaur
– Vijayant Kohli as Saluja
– Mohinder Gujral
– Himanshu Thakkar
– Yuvraj Haral
– Prabhakar Srinet
• The movie is named after one of the most famous
streets in the Chandni Chowk area of Delhi, India
• “The new law of evolution in corporate America
seems to be survival of the un-fittest. Well, in my
book you either do it right or you get eliminated.
• In the last seven deals that I've been involved
with, there were 2.5 million stockholders who
have made a pretax profit of 12 billion dollars.
• I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a
liberator of them!
• The point is, ladies and gentleman, that X -- for
lack of a better word -- is Y”
• ID X and Y.
• Connect the following characters
– Zayed Khan in “Mission Istanbul”
– Praveen Dabas in Monsoon Wedding
– Praveen Dabas in Khosla Ka Ghosla
– Abhay Deol in Shanghai
• Also, how is Abhay Deol’s character slightly
different from the other three
• Abhay’s character from IIT-M, rest from IIT-D