Round 2 Desi Infinite Bounce
• Standard rules,8 questions
• As the name suggests, Its DESI!!
• Questions get passed on to the teams
• +20 direct No Negs for wrong answer
• +10 for passed question.NO Negs on passed
• His music was used in Hollywood films like
Lord of War (2005, starring Nicholas Cage)
and Inside man( Spike Lee, 2006)
• He also composed music for the Mandarin
Chinese movie – Warriors of Heaven and Earth
(Tian Di Ying Xiong) in 2003
• Howard Lee, an actor described his music as
• Who’s he?
• This movie was produced on a shoestring
budget, but money had run out leaving most
of the post-production work incomplete.
• Fund from the West Bengal Public Works
Department is released to complete the
• The film was based on road development
• The title of the album X refers to a 100-year
old bungalow where Y has been rehearsing
and creating their music at since May 1997.
This bungalow is located in the Karol Bagh
area of Delhi. The band was offered this house
by friends, Gurpreet Sidhu and Orijit Sen, who
were living there at that time… ID X and Y.
• X is an independent filmmaker and screenwriter based in
Mumbai. His writing career began in 2000 with the
emergence of the daily soap opera genre in India. He wrote
dialogue for the first eighty-two episodes of the
shows Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahaani Ghar
Ghar Kii. Often quoted for his disgust over the aesthetics of
Indian television, including the shows he wrote for, he went
on to write and direct highly acclaimed plays. X’s first
feature-length movie premiered at the 2012 Torronto
International Film Festival where it was discovered as the
“Hidden gem of the Year”… Id the film that explores
"questions of identity, justice, beauty, meaning and death
through the stories of an experimental photographer, an
ailing monk and an enterprising stockbroker“…
• ___ is a 5-member Rock band based in Delhi, India. It
was one of the first bands in India to distribute music
for free over the internet with their first EP “The story
begins…” released in 2003. The name ___ was
borrowed from Anup’s (Guitarist) quiz team in college.
The band has always maintained that the pun was
actually unintentional and they were more interested
in the word “pause” being part of the band’s name.
They have been quoted giving different origins of the
name. Some of them include a tyre company in Brazil,
tattooed fans and an attribution to Randeep's (bassist)
mother… Id the name of this band?
• “There is no story of revenge here. My
grandfather (Shafiq Khan) was killed by an
assassin hired by my grand-uncle, Hanif. My
father killed the assassin. That's why he is in jail.
None of this is in the film”, says Iqbal Khan, son of
Faheem Khan, after being released from prison
on bail. He also adds, criticizing the names used
in the movie, saying that “you are likely to find
Prince and Goodwin Khans here instead.” Identify
Round 3:Return of WB
PLAGIARISM IN BOLLYWOOD MUSIC
Write answers for individual slides on the paper
• +10 for individual slides
• Elvis Presley
• The Yellow Rose of Texas (Viva Las Vegas)
• Tera mujhse hai pehle ka nata koi(Aa gale lag
• Music Director:-RD Burman
A Kiss To Build A Dream On
Kaisi Paheli hai ye Zindagani(Parineeta)
Music Director:Shantanu Moitra
• J.P. Rags- If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium
• Chura Liya hai Tumne Jo dil ko(Yaadon ki
• The Godfather Theme
• Raja ko rani se pyaar ho gaya
• (Qayamat se Qayamat Tak)
• CONNECT:PLAGIARISM IN BOLLYWOOD MUSIC
Round 4: Connect 1.0
• 5 slides
• No points for individual slides
• Identify the theme. Points written on top of
• Pablo Fanque was the first black circus
proprietor in Britain. His circus, in which he
himself was a performer, was the most
popular circus in Victorian Britain for 30 years,
a period that is regarded as the golden age of
• Today, Pablo is best known from his mention
in a song inspired by the following poster..
• The Honorable Tara Browne was a
young London socialite and heir to the Guinness
fortune. On 18 December 1966, Browne was driving
with his girlfriend, model Suki Potier, in his Lotus
Elan through South Kensington at high speed (some
reports suggesting in excess of 106 mph/170 km/h).
It is not known whether he was under the influence
of drugs or alcohol. He failed to see a traffic light and
proceeded through the junction of Redcliffe
Square and Redcliffe Gardens, colliding with a
parked lorry. He died of his injuries the following day.
Potier claimed Browne swerved the car to absorb the
impact of the crash to save her life.
• This incident was worked into a famous song cocomposed and co-written by his friend. ID the song.
• A 3.2 million year-old, 40% complete fossil skeleton of
an Australopithecus afarensis specimen discovered in
1974 was named X because the song was being played
loudly and repeatedly on a tape recorder in the camp.
The phrase ___ became “X in disguise" to the
anthropologists, because they initially did not
understand the impact of their discovery.
• The White dwarf star BPM 37093, which contains a
core of crystallized carbon roughly 4000 km in
diameter, is informally named X as a tribute to the
song. X ?
• Lata Mangeshkar had the following to say of the
English band Y ,
“People say that the Y are a fad. But I don’t think so…If
you listen to the Y properly, you get a feel of old Roman
music. Sometimes, you get a feel of Indian music,
sometimes you get a feel of Assamese folk songs. On
the face value you may feel it is a bad thing but, no,
there is inner soul to the Y’ music. Moreover they are
• ID Y.
• SGT PEPPER’S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND :
• X was a British racing driver from England and one
time F1 World Champion.
• Y is an Austrian former Formula One racing driver and
three-time F1 World Champion
• The rivalry between X and Y is the subject of a recently
released movie A directed by B. But this is too easy.
• B also directed a 1977 comedy road movie with the
Tagline “Funnier and Faster, here is a high speed
disaster” which shares its name with a popular series
of video games Z.
• I want you to identify Z. (part points for X,Y,A and B)
• The Kessler syndrome (also called
the Kessler effect,collisional
cascading or ablation cascade),
the NASA scientist Donald J.
Kessler in 1978, is a scenario in
which the density of objects in low
Earth orbit (LEO) is high enough that
collisions between objects could
cause a cascade—each collision
generating space debris which
increases the likelihood of further
collisions.[One implication is that the
distribution of debris in orbit could
render space exploration, and even
the use of satellites, infeasible for
• Connect this to the world of M&M
• I had turned forty. It was 1989 and I said "Okay, what's
happened in my life?" I wrote down the year 1949.
Okay, Harry Truman was president. Popular singer of
the day, Doris Day. China went Communist. Another
popular singer, Johnnie Ray. Big Broadway show, South
Pacific. Journalist, Walter Winchell. Athlete, Joe
DiMaggio. Then I went on to 1950 [...]. It's one of the
worst melodies I've ever written. I kind of like the lyric
• It's a nightmare to perform live, because if I miss one
word, it's a train wreck.
• Which song is the singer talking about?
Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-Bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I", and "The Catcher in the Rye"
Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it
He is the only actor, other than Jack Nicholson, to be
nominated for an Academy Award for acting (either
lead or supporting) in every decade since the 1960s.
Every decade! He has a total of 6 nominations so far,
winning two of them - for the 1986 film Hannah and
Her Sisters, and his second in 1999 for The Cider
House Rules, in both cases as a supporting actor.
He has appeared in more than one hundred films
and his real name is Sir Maurice Joseph Micklewhite
What is his screen name?
• This album presents the story of a rock and roll
character X, which is the human manifestation of
an alien being who is attempting to present
humanity with a message of hope in the last five
years of its existence. X represents the definitive
rock star: sexually promiscuous, wild in drug
intake but with a message, ultimately, of peace
and love. He is destroyed both by his own
consumptions, and by the fans he inspired. This
character of X was partly inspired by Vince Taylor,
a British Rock n Roll singer who had had a
breakdown and believed himself to be a cross
between a god and an alien. ID the album..
Round 6 : Connect 2.0
• 6 slides.
• No points for individual slides.
• Identify the theme. Points written on top of
• X is a board game originally released in 1992 by Game
Designers' Workshop in conjunction with their Dark
Conspiracy Role Playing Game. The game is designed to
encourage the players to work together to stall and/or
defeat the plans of four races as a primary goal, with the
individual advancement of the players as a secondary
• The game consists of numerous pieces: a game board, six
player markers, four markers, a stack of Plot cards, a
collection of equipment cards, several denominations of
currency, and a pad of character sheets. An additional six
sided and ten sided die are required for play.
• The game board is a stylized map of the United States as
presented in the Dark Conspiracy sourcebook.
• After Hours is a 1985
comedy film directed
by Martin Scorsese, written
by X, and starring an
Dunne, Linda Fiorentino, Teri
Garr, and John Heard. Paul
Hackett (Dunne) experiences
a series of misadventures as
he tries to make his way
home from SoHo.
• David Cross(well known as Tobias Funke in AD)
lent voice to the title character's best friend
from the animated film Megamind.Which
• X is a fictional DC
Comics superhero bes
t known as a member
of the Teen Titans and
the Omegadrome arm
or to Cyborg. He first
appears in New Teen
and was created
by Marv Wolfman and
• The X are small, yellow, cylindrical, creatures
who have one or two eyes.
• They are impulsive creatures with little selfcontrol, but with a wide-eyed wonder and odd
innocence that endears them to viewers and
makes them relatable. They can be pesky
when they are doing weird interactions with
other people, animals, or objects. They have
standard English names