1988 – “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan1989 – Big John Studd1990 – Hulk Hogan1991 – Hulk Hogan1992 – Ric Flair1993 – Yokozuna1994 – Bret Hart and Lex Luger1995 – Shawn Michaels1996 – Shawn Michaels1997 – “Stone Cold” Steve Austin1998 – “Stone Cold” Steve Austin1999 – Vince McMahon2000 – The Rock2001 – “Stone Cold” Steve Austin2002 – Triple H2003 – Brock Lesnar2004 – Chris Benoit2005 – Batista2006 – Rey Mysterio2007 – The Undertaker2008 – John Cena2009 – Randy Orton2010 – Edge2011 – Alberto Del Rio2012 - Sheamus
1. Prefontaine is a 1997film dramatizing the life ofthe American long-distancerunner Steve Prefontaine andhis tragic death at age 24. Itwas written by Steve Jamesand Eugene Corr, directed byJames, and stars Jared Letoas the title character. Thisguy is famous for beingchosen as the first to be“given” something. What?
4. Originally X Stadium, the facility was renamed in1974 in honour of the Y following a speech hegave at the 2nd Organisation of the IslamicConference meeting in X in favour of <thecountry>s right to pursue nuclear weapons.On 23 October 2011 the country’s Boarddiscussed renaming the stadium following an eventthat occurred to Y, to support NTC and hiscountry. The Punjab Olympic Association made asimilar request in late October 2011 to theprovincial chief minister, telling Cricinfo:, "I don’tthink his profile is inspirational enough to link withour stadium’s identity.”Give me X and Y.
6. “ Out of the night that covers me,Black as the pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may beFor my unconquerable soul.In the fell clutch of circumstanceI have not winced nor cried aloud.Under the bludgeonings of chanceMy head is bloody, but unbowed.Beyond this place of wrath and tearsLooms but the Horror of the shade,And yet the menace of the yearsFinds and shall find me unafraid.It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul.”
X gave this to Y in 1995. Who is X and Y?And what happened? Really simple.
X- Nelson Mandela; Y – FrancoisPienaar; RSA won the Rugby WC.
7. Karl Jochen Rindt (April 18, 1942 Mainz,Germany - September 5, 1970 Monza, Italy) was aGerman racing driver who represented Austriaduring his career Away from Formula One, Rindtwas highly successful in other single-seaterformulae, as well as sports car racing. In 1965 hewon the 24 Hours of Le Mans race, driving aFerrari 250LM in partnership with Masten Gregoryfrom the United States of America. He was a closefriend to Jackie Stewart, and was a neighbour tothe Scotsman in Switzerland. What unusualachievement does hold?
The only driver to be awardedthe F1 title after his death.
8. Montichiari is a town and comune in theprovince of Brescia, in Lombardy,in Italy. Itreceived the honorary title of city with apresidential decree on December 27, 1991.On its territory there are the "GabrieleDAnnunzio" airport and the fair center"Centro Fiera del Garda". This town has anindoor volleyball court. What is its name?
9. The poster was first published as part of acalendar by Athena for the 1977 Silver Jubilee, thesame year Virginia Wade achieved the Wimbledonladies singles title. The poster achievedwidespread distribution when licensed to theposter shop Athena in 1978 where it sold for £2. Itsold about 2 million copies as a poster.Butler said that she was not embarrassed aboutposing nor bitter that she did not receive anyroyalties from the photo. Which “iconic” poster?
1. Gary Mark Gilmore was an Americancriminal, murderer, who gained internationalnotoriety for demanding that his own deathsentence be fulfilled following two murders hecommitted in Utah. He became the first personexecuted in the United States after the U.S.Supreme Court upheld a new series of deathpenalty statutes in 1976. Gilmore was executed byfiring squad in 1977. The founder of advertisingagency Wieden+Kennedy, Dan Wieden credits theinspiration for his famous slogan to Gary Gilmore’slast words. What was his last words?
3. X was founded by advertising executive Marcel Knobil in London in1994. It began as a radio show on GLR (now BBC Radio London),which was aimed at giving ordinary customers an insight into thesignificant brands that touched their lives. Due to the success of theshow the X organization was founded in 1995.In each country that it operates, it aims to identify brands that performabove and beyond other brands within their respective markets. Tofacilitate this, each country has an independent and voluntary council,which is made up of notable experts in the branding and marketingcommunication industry as well as experts from local and internationalblue-chip organisations. Brands that are rated highly by both thecouncil and consumers are eligible for inclusion in a X project. Step 1Study: an independent study elects the strongest brands of the countrycalled X. Step 2 Reward and Knowledge; X Seal of Excellence, The Xbook. In some countries they also hold seminars and Awardsceremonies.
5. In 1963, X founder and Group Chairman TPG Nambiarbegan manufacturing hermetically sealed precision panelmeters in Palakkad, Kerala, under the name of <the fullform of the company>. Having worked in the UK and USA,when he came back to India armed with a vision ofpioneering the manufacture of superior quality electronicproducts, he dreamed of making X a household name.Over the years, Xs growth has been subject to constantchallenges. The company was started at a time when thegovernment had reserved many areas of business for thepublic sector. It had also virtually barred mostentrepreneurs from entering other fields throughreservations on licensing. Id X.
7. X Corporation is an American public multinationalcorporation headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA thatprovides risk management services, insurance andreinsurance brokerage, human capital and managementconsulting. X has approximately 600 offices worldwide,serving 120 countries with 61,000 employees.In January 2012,X announced that headquarters would bemoved from Chicago to London. In 2011, X was rankednumber 286 on the Fortune 500 list. X is the largestreinsurance broker in the world. In 2011, X was ranked asthe worlds largest insurance broker in the world based onrevenue. What is X, a company that all of us know verywell?
8. X is the capital of French Guiana, anoverseas region and department of Francelocated in South America. The city stands ona former island at the mouth of the X Riveron the Atlantic coast. The citys motto is"Ferit Aurum Industria" which means "Workbrings wealth“. X is the place from wheremost of the geosynchronous satellites arelaunched. Incidentally, X is also the name ofa famous five seat mid-size luxury crossovercar by Porsche. Give me X.