UNWANTED WEIGHT LOSS
POPULATION OF PAKISTAN
INVOLVED IN SMOKING
• Pakistan has the highest consumption of
tobacco in South Asia.
• The habit of smoking is mostly found in
youth and the lower class of society.
• According to some surveys, 40% males
and 8% females are involved in
EFFECT OF SMOKING ON
• By smoking our environment is effected by the
smoke released by the smoker by polluting the
• It is also been estimated that one tree is
consumed for every 300 cigarettes produced.
DEATH RATE DUE TO
• In Pakistan about 10,000 people die
every year because of smoking.
• More then 430,000 people died
every year world wide.
• In Pakistan lung cancer is caused
directly by tobacco in 90% of cases.
• Most people start smoking and go on to
become regular smokers as adults.
• The most suggested reason of smoking is
that young people are attracted to the
“image” they associate.
• Young people are also most likely to start
if their friends or family are smokers.
• Most of daily smokers began smoking before
18 years old. Youth smoking can be prevented
with the combined effort of families, schools,
communities and policy makers.
• Government should also play its role in
prevention of smoking by declaring smoking
illegal and by preventing it from being
produced in the country or being imported.
WAYS TO AVOID SMOKING
USE OF CHEWING GUM
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH NON SMOKERS
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER
A non smoker should turn down
tobacco if ever offered & persuade
others to do so.
‘’BECAUSE ONCE YOU START,
IT IS HARD TO STOP.’’