Erika Bor – Health Tourism StudentOulu University Of Applied Sciences, Oulu 31/10/2012
1. General information 2. Concepts 3. Why the Hungarian Health Tourism? 4. Geothermal Gradient in Hungary 5. Hungary is a Land of Thermal Water 6. Mineral Waters of Hungary7. Unique Natural Conditions of Hungary 8. Royal Spas of Europe 9. Dental Tourism in Budapest10. Accommodation, Hotels in Budapest 11. Hungarian Gastronomy 12. Festival Tourism in Hungary 13. Questions 14. Bibliography
‘The secret of water conceived in the ice…’- Jack Kerouac: On the Road -
Territory: 93. 030 km2Population: 10 millionCapital: BudapestForm of Government:Parliamentary democracyLanguage: HungaryCurrency: HUF(1 Euro=280 HUF) Photo by Google Oulu – Budapest 1985 km, 3 hour 50 minute Helsinki – Budapest 1470 km, 2 hour 20 minute
Health tourism is a special branch of tourismwhich focuses on the prevention and therecovery - mostly. Medical tourism is a travelling whichpurpose to participate in a sort of healthprocedure in a pleasant surrounding.Wellness tourism is a prevention programmewhich purpose for physical, spiritual andmental balance.
Because excellent hotels, spas and wellness services on good prices beneficial ingredients (sodium, calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate, iodine, bromine…) and effects (painkiller, inflammatories) of fabulous thermal water dental tourism (dental treatment with sight-seeing) unique ingredients and effects of Hévíz and muds cave treatments and the using of weight baths
Average: 5oº C/100 m (1 and 1/2 timesas high as the worldwide average).Reason: Pannonian basin including also Hungary, the hot magma is nearer to the surface.Mean temperature: about 10º C on the surfacethe rock temperature is 60º C at the depth of 1 kmand 110º C at the depth of 2 kmand (already) 130-150º C at the depth of 2,5 km.
Hungary is extremely rich in thermal waters whichare world scale and on European scale it isoutstanding. Most of the mineral and medicinal waters containimportant minerals with curative powers (makesthem suitable for bathing and drinking cures).
‘Water has no taste, no color, no odor; it cannot be defined, art relished while evermysterious. Not necessary to life, but rather life itself. It fills us with a gratificationthat exceeds the delight of the senses.’ - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - Photo by Google
Hungary has certified medical waters certified minerals certified medical baths certified health resorts medical hotels certified medicinal caves recognized wellness muds 1 natural Carbon-dioxide dry bath (gas)
Medical Hotel in Kékestető (Mátra) Photos by Erika Bor
Tapolca Cave Indications for using cold cave is Szemlőhegy Cave respiratory diseases (lung Certified asthma). Béke Cave Indications for Medicinal Caves using warm cave is Abaliget Cave musculoskeletal disorders and diet.Szent István Cave Photos by Google
Wellness Muds of Hungary has painkiller effect on rheumatism illness immunisation system become stronger it cleans the skin (>>dermatology problems) is used anti-cellulite and psoriasis gynecological diseases (inflammation) are treated Photos by Google
Mofette in MátraderecskeThere is the only one natural Carbon-dioxide dry bath of the country, amofette operates. The patients whosuffering from vascular andlocomotor diseases are treated. Photos by Google
- Hungarian patent in the medicine of the spine - The patient is anchored onneck, fortified on arms, hangs inwater, has on ankles weights of 2-20 kg fixed with a belt. The target of this treatmentmethod is to stretch the spine.(Hajdúszoboszló, Hévíz,Zalakaros, Sárvár.) Photos by Google
Homeotherapy - Light TherapyMostly the menthal problems are treated by light terapy.Color: RED, scent: ’love vitality’Color: PURPLE, scent: ’antistress’Color: GREEN, scent: ’refreshing nature’Color: BLUE, scent: ’a sea of tranquility’Color: YELLOW, scent: ’harmony’Color: ORANGE, scent: ‘brightness’ Photo by Erika Bor
Homeotherapy - Herbarium RoomEffects of Plants:Nature has many herbal medicines for diabetes (cranberries, dills, Chinese tea, Hungarian György tea), for insomnia (levander), for lungs problems (chamomile, menthol herbal), for heart and circulation problems (fish oil; Omega 3, garlic,horse chesnut). Photo by Erika Bor
Metabolism andcirculation system areaccelerated bytangentorThe immunisationsystem became strongerHelp for the renewingof the skin Underwater massage Medical massage Physiotherapy treatments Galvanic bath Painkiller Indications: Weight bath arthritis neuritisMedical gymnastic in the water neuralgia Photos by Google
The Royal Spas of Europe (high quality baths withtraditions) were founded in Bad Wildungen in 1988.The founding members were Bath, Bad Wildungen andBudapest.The organization later added:Archena, Baden Baden, Bad Neuenahr, Bayreuth,Marienbad, Naantali, Sárvár.
The Royal Spas of Europe Where once emperors, kings, high nobility and famous heads of state found relaxation of the highest standard, you too are cordially invited to let yourself be treated like a king. Royal Spas return you to a time when European spas were flourishing experience wellness in sublime elegance. These are European spas and health resorts rich in tradition: emperors, kings, members of the high nobility and famous heads of state can be counted among their guests, making them famous worldwide.www.royal-spas-of-europe.com 30
…treatment and sight-seeing in a foreign country…’We had a great holiday in Budapest, along with newsmiles!’’Treatment and services, we got just were perfect…’’We saved more than 70% on our dental treatments!’ Photo by www.dentalhungary.ie
Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Hilton Hotel Budapest InterContinental Budapest Le Meridien Hotel Budapest Kempinski Hotel Corvinus 10. Accommodation5 star hotels in Budapest Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Marriott Hotel BudapestPhotos by Google New York Palace Budapest
4 star hotels in Budapest Hotel Bristol BudapestContinental Hotel Zara Budapest Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget Grand Hotel Hungária Hotel Gellért Danubius Hotel Taverna Queens Court Hotel & Residence Hotel Astoria Danubius Photos by Google
Andy Vajna’s Restaurant (Nobu)Gundel Restaurant Photos by Google
goulash soup chicken meat soup Palóc soup Jókai bean soup Wiener schnitzelstuffed cabbage lecsó stuffed peppersHortobágy pancake bejgli Dobos cake Photos by Google
Borsodi Hegyalja Festival Carnival of Flowers in Debrecen1. Borsodi Hegyalja Festival2. Carnival of Flowers in Debrecen3. Heineken Balaton Sounds4. Sopron VOLT Festival5. SZIGET Festival in Budapest Balaton Sounds6. Formula 1 Hungarian Sopron VOLT Festival Grand Pix Photos by Google Sziget Festival in Budapest Formula 1
Veszprém Summer Festival Baroque Wedding Ceremony in Győr 7. SZIN 8. Veszprém Summer Festival 9. Baroque Wedding Ceremony in Győr 10. Mohács Busó Festival (Busójárás) 11. Csaba Sausage Festival 12. International Kisüsti Pálinka Festival Mohács Busó Festival in Gyula 13. Renaissance Carnival of Gyula Renaissance Carnival in Gyula Csaba Sausage FestivalPhotos by Google International Pálinka Festival in Gyula
14. Csaba Beer Festival andKnuckle parade… Photos by www.prohaszkabela.com
Csaba Beer Festival and Knuckleparade… Photos by www.prohaszkabela.com
‘Good wine is a good health…’ Fütyülős ‘Beer is a liquid gold…’ Photos by Google
1. As tourism student how can you recommend forigners your beautiful country’s tourist attractions abroad?2. Which motivation power put pressure on you when you choose your holiday destination?3. Tourism for quality of life - or vice versa…? It is not mean that when we are tourists, it improves our quality of life.4. What kind of tourism development strategy do you recommend a small town for breaking out?5. ...where the fence is made of sausages - the gastro-tourism is conquest in Békéscsaba. Would you like to participate in this festival if the chance is given to you? What kind of programme are you interested in?
6. The development of health tourism able to increase the customer traffic?7. How do you see the Hungarian health tourism market is able to competitive by international standards?8. Festival and gastro-tourism can be a ‘medicine’ of economic recovery?9. Hungarian mineral and thermal waters are able to fight in the international competitions?10. Do you agree with the next statement? Tourism creates jobs in every field!’ (for instance; construction industry, beauty industry, hotel industry, trade and catering...) This is the one reason why is important to develop and invest money in the tourism.
BooksÁkos Teslár, Villő Korányi, Enikő Kovács, Noémi Kovács: User’s Guide To Hungary 2006/2007. Tempus Public Foundation,Budapest, 2005.Ferenc Balogh: Idegenforgalmi földrajz I. Magyarország. Képzőművészeti Kiadó Kft., Kaposvár, 2007.Középiskolai földrajzi atlasz. Cartographia Tankönyvkiadó Kft., Budapest, 2011.Midi Világatlasz országlexikonnal. Nyír-Karta Bt., Nyíregyháza, 2004.Official Budapest Guide. BTDM Nonprofit Kft., Budapest, 2012.Rehabilitáció és balneoterápia, Wellness 2004. Bp. Pharmindex CMP. Medica, 2004.Photosby Googleby Erika Bor: www.borerika.fotoalbum.huhttp://www.balneologia.hu/upload/balneologia/document/balneologiai_emlekek/images/DSCN0792.JPGhttp://boraszportal.hu/nyomtat/20120606/5394www.prohaszkabela.com