• HTML5 + some v8 extensions (e.g. ﬁle access)!
• Made by Adobe for the Brackets code editor!
• “Note: The brackets-shell is only maintained for use
by the Brackets project.”!
• Distribution: Executable ﬁle
• What you need:!
• manifest (package.json)!
• HTML, JS
Running & testing
• If nw is in the Terminal path: nw .!
• alias nw='open -a node-webkit'
• Chrome Dev Tools!
• DevTools Jail!
• Remote debugging!
• Sublime Text console
Packaging & distribution
• package.nw or package.json in the same
folder as the node-webkit executable!
• Packaging into the executable ﬁle!
• Windows and Linux - make a
package.nw ﬁle and run one command
from the console!
• OS X - copy the package to Content/
Resources/app.nw inside of the app
• File dialogs!
• Files and folders!
• Opening URLs in the default browser!
• Opening ﬁles in the default app or in the ﬁle manager!
• Menu bar / status bar!
• Clipboard access!
• Kiosk mode!
• Frameless mode