NAME & CONTACT INFORMATION:
Qrs. No – Type-IIA/203, At-HML Housing Complex,
OCL New Colony, P.O./P.S.-Rajgangpur, Dist- Sundargarh-770017, Odisha.
Office No-06624-220141/220161, Fax:06624-2200151, Res No- 06624-220061.
(Mobile) Phone: 09437042158/09437114734
DATE OF BIRTH :
2nd March 1978
“To lead a team or work individually in workplace Safety, Health & Environment by applying
my knowledge and experience to train the workforces & shall be responsible for creating,
maintaining & improving safety in work places. I shall be responsible for making sure that
legislation is adhered to and assist in planning, implementation, monitoring reviewing the
health, safety & environment strategies of my organization”.
Knowledge in the field of Integrated Management system, Occupational Health,
Safety & Environment with over 13 years work, out of which 6.8 years
experience in industry and 6.8 years in academic area.
IRCA recognized certified Lead auditor for Quality Management System
(ISO9001:2008), Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series
(OHSAS18001:2007) & Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2004)
and certified internal auditor for Integrated Management system.
Skilful in developing quality, environment and safety management system and
formulating methodologies in compliance to quality standards, environment and safety
statutory and regulatory requirements.
Organised review meeting with top management for quality, environment and safety
Skilful at executing periodic audit, internal and external for certification.
Site supervision and monitoring with conformance to quality, environment and safety
Established environmental laboratory and monitoring system for air, water and soil.
Proven track record of being engaged in environmental impact and occupational health,
safety risk analysis.
Skilful in organizing internal training for worker, supervisor and executives with
conformance to integrated management system.
Preparation of modules and study materials for various internal training requirements
related to safety, health, environment & quality aspects.
Executed for various sustainability reporting as per GRI3 guideline for the corporate
Actively engaged in housekeeping improvement and energy conservation programmes.
Experienced in preparing health hazard map in consultation with physician to identify
various health issues of workers proactively.
Effective Verbal/Written Communications
Process /Procedure Improvement
Environmental & OH&S Risk Assessment & Monitoring
Occupational Health & Hygiene Monitoring (Health Hazard Mapping)
Behavioural Based Psychology on Safety aspects
Competency mapping/ Training need identification/Training on EHS
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS (Experience):
Organization Position Experience
P.G. Dept. of Environmental Sciences Lecturer Aug’2001 – Nov’2005
North Orissa University, Baripada
P.G. Dept. of Biotechnology Lecturer Dec’2005 – Apr’2008
North Orissa University, Baripada
QA, Environment & Safety Dept. Sr. Executive May’2008 - Jan’2011
L&T, Kansbahal Works, Orissa
QMS, Safety & Environment Dy. Manager Feb’2011- Till date
Hari Machines Limited, Rgp.
PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH RESPONSIBILITY:
From 01.02.2011 to Till date: As Dy. Manager (QMS, Safety & Environment) &
Safety Officer, Hari Machines Limited, Rajgangpur, Dist- Sundergarh-770017.
Experience: 4 years
1. Responsible as Safety Officer to implement guidelines as per Factories Act.
2. Responsible for taking initiative to conduct, coordinate & participate in various internal &
external audit in the organization as per statutory & regulatory requirements.
3. Responsible for taking initiative for planning of various Quality Improvement Programme
in various department to develop a robust quality management system with effective
implementation, maintenance & identifying opportunities for improvement.
4. Responsible for conducting Management Review Meeting in regular interval.
5. Responsible for coordinate with HR & Personnel Dept. to plan for competence mapping &
organizing necessary training programmes for executives & workers related to various
aspects of Quality, Environment, Health & Safety skills & competence.
6. Suggest management on providing required resources for effective implementation &
fulfilment of quality, environment, health & safety requirements.
7. Engaged in identifying issues related to Behavioural Based Safety (BBS) & developing &
persuading safety culture throughout the organization.
8. Regular inspection of Plant for safe/unsafe working conditions, by identifying the unsafe
conditions and acts, give the remedy for the same through periodic reporting.
9. Preparation of Job Safety Analysis & Hazardous Impact & Risk analysis.
10. To advice in the safe/unsafe work as per SOP.
11. Issuing work permit & maintaining records of the same.
12. Preparation of Weekly/Monthly safety report and to maintain the record of the same.
13. Preparation of near miss report, and maintain the record of the same.
14. Engaged in the preparation of safety manual and other documents of the company.
15. Conduct Induction Training to the New Employer/Worker.
16. Responsible to conduct regular mock drills, tool box meetings and awareness trainings.
17. Assist in investigation of selected accidents.
18. Give safety instructions to employees through concern in charge, during work.
19. Maintain safety records as per statutory requirements.
20. Organize various Safety, Health & Environment promotional activities in consultation
with Head (Works) & Head (PNL).
21. Preparation of Monthly MIS on Safety, Health & Environment & reporting it to top
22. Formulation of Policy & Guideline on Safety, Health & Environment for the organization
and group companies.
From 2.5.08 to 29.01.2011: As Sr. Executive (ISO), Quality Assurance,
Environment & Safety Dept. L&T, Kansbahal Works, Dist- Sundergarh-770034.
Experience: 2.8 years
1. Execution of activities of quality assurance, environment and safety department to
ensure that activities are carried out in adhere to standard requirements.
2. Co-ordinate and ensure Integrated Management System (ISO 9001:2008, ISO
14001:2004 & OSHAS 18001:2007) implementations.
3. Establish safe working procedure in the area of responsibility to keep the number of
accidents to minimum or zero.
4. Establish safe working procedure to minimize the impact due to various activities causing
environmental & occupational health & safety problems.
5. Prepare internal audit schedule, selection of internal auditors, co-ordinate in internal
audit & verify implementation of corrective & preventive actions.
6. Arrange for monitoring activities for environmental samples like ambient air, work zone
monitoring, water sampling in STP & WTP, soil & sediments etc. Establish procedures for
environmental monitoring & make analysis of results.
7. Laisioning with external agencies for statutory compliances as applicable.
8. Prepare training modules, materials for environmental & integrated management system
9. Co-ordinate in the team of housekeeping initiatives.
10. Collection, compilation of data from various sources within the organization and
preparation of report for corporate sustainability reporting.
From 20.8.2001 to 30.4.08: Lecturer, Department of Environmental Sciences &
Biotechnology, North Orissa University, Baripada.
Experience: 6 years & 8 months
Academic Responsibilities taken:
1. Imparting quality education to Post graduate students in Environmental Sciences &
Biotechnology through class room teaching and laboratory tools & techniques.
2. Preparation of course curriculum, lesson plan and course materials in environmental
sciences & Biotechnology for under graduate & post graduate students.
3. Administrative responsibility to admit new entrants, conducting examination in time &
other student disciplinary activities.
4. Orientation of students to research methodology & guiding students on various short
(Time based) research topics related to the field of environment.
2014: Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Discontinued after 5years work due to some personal
2013: Post Diploma in Industrial Safety conducted by SCTE & VT, Orissa, Bhubaneswar
from DAMIIS, Rourkela with 76% marks in aggregate.
2011: Qualified as IRCA Approved Lead Auditor for Occupational Health & Safety
Management Series (OSHAS 18001:2007) (TUV India) (1st
2011: Qualified as IRCA Approved Lead Auditor for Quality Management System
ISO 9001:2008 (IRQS, Kolkata) (23rd
2008: Qualified as Approved Internal Auditor for Integrated Management System
(ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004, OSHAS 18001: 2007 (DNV, Kolkata) (11th
2008: Qualified as IRCA Approved Lead Auditor for Environmental Management
System (ISO 14001:2004) (DNV, Kolkata) (4th
2003- Qualified National Educational Test (NET) conducted by UGC, New Delhi for
Lectureship in Environmental Sciences.
2001- Qualified National Educational Test (NET) conducted by UGC, New Delhi for
Lectureship in Environmental Sciences.
2001- M.Phil in Environmental Sciences, Dept. of Environmental sciences, Sambalpur
University, Orissa with 62% marks in aggregate.
2000- M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences With specialization in Environmental
Toxicology & Pollution Control Management, Dept. of Environmental sciences,
Sambalpur University, Orissa with 73.8 % aggregate & being the 2nd
topper in the
1998- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Zoology & Botany (Hons), Utkal University from M.P.C.
College, Baripada, Orissa with 69.87% aggregate with distinction.
IT SKILLS :
MS-Windows, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point, MS-project, Dream weaver,
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe Designer 7.0.
1. Attended the National Symposium on “Appropriate Technology for Waste
Management”, organized by the Department of Environmental Sciences, Sambalpur
University on 30th
2. Attended a Training Programme on ‘Aquatic Environmental Management in Fresh
Water Aquaculture’ conducted by CENTRAL INSTITUTE OFFRESH WATER AQUACULTURE
(I.C.A.R.), BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA from 1st
3. Participated in the ENTERPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS CAMP jointly organized by the
University Employment Information & Guidance Bureau & Department of Business
Administration Sambalpur University on 28/03/2001& 29/03/2001.
4. Participated in the National Seminar on “Emerging Perspectives in Disaster
Management” jointly organized by Deptt. Of Anthropology & Deptt. Of Environmental
Sciences, Sambalpur University, Orissa on February 19-20, 2003.
5. Presented a paper in INDO-US Workshop on “ Conservation of Biodiversity in
Similipal Biosphere Reserve” organised jointly by United States Educational foundation
In India & North Orissa University, Baripada held from 14-15 November, 2005 .
6. Attended a Workshop on “Hand on Training in Molecular Biology Technique”
conducted by CENTRAL INSTITUTE OFFRESH WATER AQUACULTURE (I.C.A.R.),
BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA from 13th
7. Attended a training course for “ Environmental Management System- Lead Auditor”
August 2008 organised by DET NORSKE VERITAS (DNV), Eastern region, Kolkata.
8. Attended a divisional level training workshop on “Prevention and Management of
Chemical Accidents” sponsored by MOEF, New Delhi on 10th
September 2008 at
IIPM, Kansbahal organized by Multidisciplinary Centre on Safety, Health & environment.
9. Attended Outbound training programme on “Developing Potential Achievement
Orientation & Team work” conducted by Tata Steel Adventure Foundation, Tata Nagar
from 17.12.08 to 20.12.08.
10. Attended a workshop on “Green building Development” conducted by Confederation
of Indian Industry-Shrabji Godrej Green business Centre on 14.04. 2009 organized by OCL
India Ltd., Rajgangpur.
11. Attended “Acquaintance Training in the Environmental Laboratory” of
Environmental Engg. Dept. of SAIL, Rourkela Steel plant, Rourkela from 27.07.2009 to
12. Attended a workshop on “Personal Effectiveness” conducted on 10th
2009 by ARIFIN Pvt. Ltd.
14. Participated a training programme on “How best to perform Air Pollution
Monitoring and Analysis” at Chennai organised by SGS (India) Pvt. Ltd, July 29-30,
15. Participated in a “Awareness training programme cum Study tour on safety
aspects” conducted by Regional Labour Institute, Kolkata from Janauary, 30th
16. Attended & qualified the senior level “First Aid Training” examination conducted by
St.John Ambulance, Odisha State Centre, Bhubaneswar at the DAMIIS Center, February,
17. Attended a one day “First Aid Fire Fighting Training” conducted by Agneya Safety
Council, Odisha, Rourkela at DAMIIS Centre.
18. Attended one day seminar on “SAFE KONNECT 2012” with theme “Moving ahead in
industrial Safety” conducted bt CII-Odisha in association with Govt. Of Odisha, June, 28th
19. Attended an one day workshop on “Safety Management” conducted by Youth
Movement Federation of India in association with Dy.Director, F&B, Rourkela Zone, August,
2012 at Rourkela.
20. Attended a one day Awareness Training Programme on “ISO 50001:2011 Energy
Management system”, at OCL India, Rajgangpur organized by TUV India, August 17th
21. Attended a two day training on “Safety, Health & Environment” organized by State
Productive Council, West Bengal, November 29th
22. Participated in the 1-Day Seminar on “Organizing & Motivating for Occupational
Health & Safety Culture in Emerging Industrial Scenario”, conducted by Odisha
Safety Promotional Association., May 15th
23. Participated in the 1-Day Seminar on “Consent Management System”, conducted by
Orissa State Pollution Control Board, 22nd
Won the Best Presentation and Best Speaker Awards in the 20th
Presentation Competition among the participating executives of all OCL Dalmiya groups
of institutions held in OCL India Ltd, Rajgangpur held on 24th
Place- Rajgangpur Akash Mohapatra