• This chapter aims to describe the project background, problem statement,
objectives, scopes, project significance and expected output of the system.
The system is Customer Ordering System. This is online Customer Ordering
System of Restaurant, which in most cases; the company has problem with
order and disordered order. This project intends to computerize Customer
Ordering System to provide better customer service. Because of that, the
restaurant can provide the easier way of travelling to the customer.
• Customer Oder system aims to accelerate customer orders. Customer
Ordering System used by servers and kitchen employees to accept
customer orders. An online ordering system is not a new concept to many
as this has been running successfully all over the world for quite some
time now. The whole concept behind having a professional website along
with a system shows how you present yourself to the online world.
• PROBLEM STATEMENTS
• 1. Waiters who will take a long time to want to drop to the cashier and
orders have in the kitchen.
• 2. Restaurant waiter information also by manual system kept use paper
and this is difficult for restaurant administrator to find waiter information,
probability missing the paper and difficult arrange the schedule.
• 3. Besides this section for customer view the menu that restaurant
prepared and make their ordering.
• 4. Restaurant manage their business by manual especially take
• 5. Need more paper to take the order.
• Based on the problem stated above, the objectives of the project are :
• i. To develop online ordering and reservation system in restaurant.
• ii. To develop use interface for online restaurant management system.
• iii. To provide online menu information for customer.
• iv. Increase sales and productivity by knowing the status of all restocking and special orders.
• v. Get better prices from vendors by ordering smarter, leveraging detailed purchase history
• vi. Increase profitability by eliminating unnecessary and wasteful purchases.
• vii. Increase efficiency through detailed reporting.
• i. Administartor is the person who will manage the entire system.
• ii. This type of user will also do maintenance and controlthe application
of the system.
• iii. Administrator takes a res[onsibility to register new customer, regiter
new waiter, register new menu into database.
• i. Waiter module contains waiter information such as waiter personal
information, task schedule and other information related t that waiter.
• ii. Then, all of this information record into database.
• PROJECT SIGNIFICANCE
• i. This system will be going to help customer and administrator
in restaurant especially part ordering.
• ii. The result of online ordering will give easy to make ordering
and hopefully can smoothen up the job administrator and waiter.
• iii. This system also produces a computerized system in defining
the best solution in each ordering .
• iv. This system will change form manual system to computerized
The project methodology that used in the development of the system is the System
Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SDLC is the process of the understanding how an
Information System (IS) can support business needs, designing the system, building it
and delivering it to users. The SDLC is composing of four phases; Planning , Analysis
, design and Implementation.
The SDLC traces the history (lifecycle) of a developing information system.
Structured design methodology is Waterfall Development. With Waterfall
Development, analyst and user proceed is sequence from phase to the next can mapped
out an evaluated.
• In planning phase, to develop a new system which is a first step is to identify a need for the “Customer Ordering
System” and also plan how to develop the functional requirements of a system. This will include determining
whether a business problem or opportunity exits, conducting a feasibility study to determine the developing a
• In this phase, I have analyse considers the current system and investigates any problem associated with it. Other
sources of information about system and the new requirement would be investigated at this time. The output
from this stage would probably be no more than a set of notes.
• After the requirements have been determined, the necessary specifications for the hardware software people and
data resources and the information products that will satisfy the functional requirement of the proposed system
can be determined. The design will serve as a blueprint for the system and help detect problem before these
errors or problem are built into the final system. I will create the system design by review the work with the scope
to ensure the design meets the objective and requirement of the Customer Ordering System.
• The implementation phase is described as those activities that begin when the system design has been completed
. These phase are producing software code according to plan , analysis and system design that have been done.
Coding and debugging is the act of creating the final system. The requirement documentation should be referred
to throughout the rest of the system development process to ensure the developing project aligns with the needs
and requirements or scope. The system also is tested to evaluate its actual functionality in relation to expected or