Outsourcing projects suffer from two significant yet easily addressed problems. First, the customer’s instincts for how to run an outsourced project are more likely to hurt rather than help them. Second, service providers (SPs) prove to be little more than order takers that don’t have the courage to negotiate a winning strategy. The Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) process decision framework provides the foundation needed to succeed at “agile offshoring” by addressing the needs of both the customer and the SP. DAD is a goal-driven, hybrid agile, full delivery methodology that is enterprise aware and scalable. DAD provides a foundation from which you can tailor a viable strategy for disciplined agile outsourcing. This presentation explores strategies for effectively initiating and governing an outsourced IT delivery project in an agile manner. Outsourcing introduces a collection of risks that can be uniquely addressed with a disciplined agile strategy.
During this presentation you will learn:
• What the Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) framework is.
• The risks associated with outsourcing.
• Disciplined agile outsourcing from the point of view of the customer.
• Disciplined agile outsourcing from the point of view of the service provider.
• What you need to do to succeed at disciplined agile outsourcing.
• Industry statistics regarding agile outsourcing in practice
• Criteria to determine if you’re ready for outsourcing IT delivery projects.