Be the first to like this
Database DevOps might sound at first like it makes DBAs less relevant and easier to replace, but DevOps is actually a great opportunity to secure and advance your position as a DBA.
While services such as Azure SQL Database Managed Instances offer companies the ability to quickly outsource traditional DBA tasks such as managing backups and high availability, Database DevOps offers DBAs the opportunity to develop expertise in areas for which demand is increasing.
More and more, organizations need a senior level database specialist to manage the following business-critical tasks:
• Tailor source control strategies for database code to work best for the organization
• Automate testing and release of database code with the right review and approval gates to produce stable, safe deployments
• Efficiently identify risky database changes which require careful code review
• Quickly provision databases which mask or remove sensitive data for new projects
• Optimize practices to reduce bugs and outages caused by database code releases
Our expert panel discuss how you can start your Database DevOps education and advance your career as a DBA.
• Hamish Watson, Microsoft Data Platform MVP, Speaker, Consultant, VMware Expert and DevOps Enthusiast.
• Kendra Little, MVP, Evangelist at Redgate and Founder of SQL Workbooks
• William Durkin, Co-Founder & Data Platform Architect from Data Masterminds
• Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman, Microsoft Data Platform Architect & Founder of DBAKevlar