How to download ebooks from the library onto a nook ereader
How to download
the Library onto
a NOOK ereader.
1) Log onto the library’s website: www.randolphlibrary.org and click on
Downloadable Media. Then click on Digital Depot to get to the library’s
collection of ebooks.
2) Browse or search for an available ebook. Note the small book icon
in the top right corner of each book jacket. When the icon is black,
the book is available for checkout. When the icon is grey, it is
checked out and you may place a hold on it.
3) Once you find an ebook you want to check out, click on the title,
then select ‘Borrow’.
4) Enter Library card number and PIN, then ‘Sign In’.
5) Click on the small white arrow on the right side of the download
button. To download the title to your Nook select the Adobe EPUB
7) At pop up window, click the ‘Save’ button. Or an ‘Open With’
option may appear, if so choose the program Adobe Digital Editions
to open the file. (Tip: If you have not already downloaded Adobe
Digital Editions, signed up for an Adobe ID, and authorized the
program, do so now.)
8) After clicking ‘Save’, double click on the file to open it. (Tip: If your
computer prompts you to open the file choose the Adobe Digital
Editions program to open it.)
9) Adobe Digital Editions will open the ebook. Connect your
ereader to your computer and select Library View icon in top left
10) Once your NOOK is connected, the NOOK icon will appear under
11) Drag image of book to NOOK icon. Small green plus sign (+)
will appear when ready to load onto NOOK.
12) After downloading, click on the NOOK icon to see your books
in the NOOK library. Safely disconnect the USB cable, as with a
If you need help, call the Library reference desk at
336-318-6803 or bring your device to the Library
for one-on-one assistance.