Apple iPad Mini 2
with Retina Display
What’s the big deal?
The Original iPad Mini
• The original iPad Mini was usable, but it
didn’t come with retina display, unlike
the rest of Apple’s products at the time.
• The public liked the smaller size and
more reasonable price tag.
• iPad Mini sales were spectacular and
may have even cut into some of the
profits of the full-size iPads.
• Many consumers did want to wait until the iPad Mini
was upgraded to a retina display screen.
• The public expected a little more from Apple to keep
up with the rest of their technology.
Introduction of the iPad Mini 2
• The big selling factor is the retina
display which makes pictures, videos,
and other media look as if there is no
pixelation because the pixels are so
• The screen resolution is significantly
better at 2048 X 1536.
• The screen size didn’t change from the
original iPad Mini to the iPad Mini 2.
• At the big reveal, Apple announced that the
iPad Air would be released for sale earlier than
the iPad Mini 2.
• Reports have shown that due to production
issues, quantities of iPad Mini 2s may be
limited in Q4 of 2013, making for a dangerous
sale situation for Apple during the holiday
The Goodies in the Deal
• Apple devices sold now come with free apps
that were previously costly, such as
• The iPad Mini 2 comes with iOS7 and the
newest A7 chip.
• A strong battery that lasts up to 10 hours
depending on use.
• Standard Wi-Fi capabilities with the option
to buy a cellular-capable iPad Mini 2.
Is it worth it?
• Prices for the iPad Mini 2 range from $399
for the 16GB to $829 for the 128GB that
• The price tag is very high compared to
other tablets on the market, even for
ones of similar storage and capabilities.
• Next year’s model may come with finger
print ID and a better camera, so it
depends what you are willing to wait for
or pay for now.
Protecting the iPad Mini 2
• Apple has finally wisened up and is offering full
cases for the iPad Mini 2, but they haven’t been
well tested by consumers for effectiveness.
• Consider buying a screen cover, case, or both
from BodyGuardz that will stand up to consistent
Good luck getting your hands on an
Apple iPad Mini 2 this year!