A retrospective, from the perspective of a long time industry insider, of how the online community management industry - predominantly in the UK - developed between 1985 and today.
* the BBC's first steps into online community
* the specialisation of community management roles
* the first (?) multi-domain community management tool
* what twitter might have looked like back in 2001
* how the BBC upped it's game and "joined the conversation"
* and a few slides on what the industry needs to stay ahead
Please note that some models shown are (C) Edelman and others. Also, some images were used under (CC) licenses. These items remain under the conditions set by their owners. All text is available for reuse under a CC attribution license. The entire presentation, or portions, can be shown in front of audiences without permission.