My Problem Solving Technique
• Step 1: Investigate the nature of the problem
– Research on current situation. What do they have now? What’s good
about it? What’s bad about it? What do they want to change?
– Interview a variety of stakeholders (in this case, teachers, students,
administrators, custodians etc).
– Create sample user profiles (personas) and how they want to use the
end product (lockers)
• Step 2: Clearly state the project objectives in simple language.
• Step 3: Brainstorm design in small groups, starting with sample
• Step 4: Iterate design JAD sessions and sample design.
• Step 5: Finalize draft design and prototype (scale model)
• Step 6: Experiment with prototype (user testing) and revise
• Step 7: Finalize design and build
• Step 8: Examine built product and hopefully iron out any small