Be the first to like this
"Technology for Student Success" was a presentation for teachers and administrators to model how to simplify students' research by using of content with a purpose, for an audience. Each student culminates his or her research into a briefings format.
The format is easy to use when following the ABCs of Briefings:
*A - Authentic forms and strategies of research writing in the real world are identified, as resources for the integration of all subject areas.
*B - Briefings based on content for a purpose; affecting an audience.
*C - Choice is applies and connected to community within and outside of the classroom.
Throughout the session teachers:
1. discover how the structure of briefings support the author's purpose through strategic presentation of content to affect an audience.
2. apply components of authentic learning: choice, connections, and community to increase motivation, problem solving and quality in writing.
3. use self generated, open-ended questions about a topic to guide research from a variety of resources.
4. identify what makes effective revision through a question and answer sharing format.
5. self assess their own learning and consider how to implement the research model in their own classrooms with students.
I facilitated this session for the Center for School Reform (in Kansas City, MO) at the Summit for Student Success Conference, held in Columbia, MO.