3 Crucial Factors
For
Lightinthebox
Investors
Different
Companies,
Different
Products
• Dangdang sells
merchandise and
electronic media on line.
• In 2013, 67% of
reven...
Lightinthebox
Lightinthebox, on the other hand, focuses on two
broad categories:
Apparel brought in 29% of revenue in 2013...
Where
Business
Gets Done
Dangdang and VIPShop cater
almost exclusively to the
Chinese consumer.
• In 2013, 100% of
Dangdan...
Lightinthebox
Lightinthebox, while headquartered in China,
counts overseas customers as the primary
source of income. In 2...
But the most important difference between
Lightinthebox and the others:
It’s growth is slowing down
in a major way.
Dangdang Revenue
Growth
VIPShop Revenue Growth
When Lightinthebox Filed Its
Prospectus, Things Looked
Rosy
Since Then, Heady Growth has
Disappeared
Before You Invest in
Lightinthebox
1. Remember that the company’s business model is
fundamentally different than Dangdang ...
Better Ways to Profit From
China
• We quickly forget that many American
companies have a strong presence in China.
• Apple...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Investor Beware: Lightinthebox Isn't What You Think

209

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
209
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Both from corporate websites
  • From corporate website
  • From corporate website
  • Investor Beware: Lightinthebox Isn't What You Think

    1. 1. 3 Crucial Factors For Lightinthebox Investors
    2. 2. Different Companies, Different Products • Dangdang sells merchandise and electronic media on line. • In 2013, 67% of revenues came from electronic media, with merchandise making up the remaining 33%. • VIPShop sells brand-name products using a “flash sale” model. • Every day at 10 AM Beijing time, flash sales
    3. 3. Lightinthebox Lightinthebox, on the other hand, focuses on two broad categories: Apparel brought in 29% of revenue in 2013. Electronics and other general merchandise accounted for the other 71%
    4. 4. Where Business Gets Done Dangdang and VIPShop cater almost exclusively to the Chinese consumer. • In 2013, 100% of Dangdang’s revenue came from China. • The same can be said for VIPShop.
    5. 5. Lightinthebox Lightinthebox, while headquartered in China, counts overseas customers as the primary source of income. In 2013: Europe accounted for 62% of all revenue. North American clocked in with 19% of revenue. South America provided 9% of revenue. All other countries came in with 10% of revenue.
    6. 6. But the most important difference between Lightinthebox and the others: It’s growth is slowing down in a major way.
    7. 7. Dangdang Revenue Growth
    8. 8. VIPShop Revenue Growth
    9. 9. When Lightinthebox Filed Its Prospectus, Things Looked Rosy
    10. 10. Since Then, Heady Growth has Disappeared
    11. 11. Before You Invest in Lightinthebox 1. Remember that the company’s business model is fundamentally different than Dangdang and VIPShop. 2. Almost all of its customers reside outside China. 3. Revenue growth has come to a standstill, with only a 27% jump while operating expenses have increased 47%.
    12. 12. Better Ways to Profit From China • We quickly forget that many American companies have a strong presence in China. • Apple is one of those companies. • Click on our special free report below to find out what Apple’s next product will be: Leaked: Apple’s Next Smart Device
    1. A particular slide catching your eye?

      Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

    ×