2. What is HTML? • Hypertext Markup Language • HTML elements form the building blocks of all websites
3. What is the problem? • Browser inconsistency • Reliance on plug-ins
4. What is HTML 5? • Successor of HTML & XHTML • Developed by WHATWG(Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group) • Monitored by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
5. IS HTML5 THE FUTURE?
6. Drag & Local Semantics Video Drop Storage Image & Audio Geolocation Canvas TypeHTML5 — Not a “thing”A collection of new conventions and methods
7. New in HTML5 — SemanticsContent is more organized, search friendly, and indexable
9. New in HTML5 — <Audio>HTML5 specifies a standard way to include audio, with the audioelement.The audio element can play sound files, or an audio stream.
10. New in HTML5 — <Canvas>2D drawing platform within the browser without the need of aplug-in such as Flash. Applications include web apps, datavisualization, animated graphics, and gaming.
11. New in HTML5 — Drag & Drop(DnD) Drag and drop is one of the often used functionalitiesthroughout websites for various reasons.HTML 5 allows this function to be implemented with ease.
12. New in HTML5 — GeolocationWebsites can benefit from knowing exactly where the useraccessing their site is from, enabling a more personalized localexperience.
13. New in HTML5 — Local StorageClient-side key-value database, stored in the users browserThe users data is saved on their machine inside their browser, noton the server
14. DESIGN IN HTML5
15. Design in HTML5 — Gradients, Transparencies,Shadows, Rounded Corners, and Text Effects
16. Design in HTML 5 — TypographyMore diverse, more brand friendly, more flexible forSEO and indexing
17. Design in HTML5 — Gaming
18. Design in HTML5 — Rich Media Experience
19. Design in HTML5 — Rich Media Experience
20. Design in HTML5 — Responsive Design
21. HTML5 FOR MARKETERS
22. Better for SEO • More specific tags to determine type of content • Multimedia indexing • Better page segmentation • More unique function with crawlability
23. Mobile Features • Video integration • Audio integration • Better compatibility • Higher exposure across multiple devices
24. Email Marketing • Embedded video emails • No need for plugin compatibility • Cross browser support
25. Summary • Content/Media will become more important to SEO as HTML5 makes it easier to rank and index • HTML 5 is important for marketing across multiple screens/devices • HTML 5 imagines a web that is more visually and interactively robust • The time to adopt is now, in order to prepare for what is to come