1. CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS IN THE U K <ul><li>Britain is full of culture and traditions which have existed for hundreds of years.
2. British customs and traditions are famous all over the world.
3. When people think of Britain they often think of: people drinking tea,
4. eating fish and chips and
5. wearing hats, but...
6. THERE ARE MORE THINGS. </li></ul>
7. SYMBOLS OF ENGLAND <ul><li>There are some symbols that identify with England:
8. -The three national symbols: St George's Flag(the England Flag ), the red rose and the Three Lions crest.
9. -The Royal Family: Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and Prince William.
10. -Royal Guards: Life Guard, Foot Guard and Beefeater.
11. -On the Street: Red Double Decker buses, Black taxi cabs, Pillar Box (Post Box) and Telephone box. </li></ul>
12. <ul>-Famous People: David Beckham, Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill. -Famous Monuments: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Eye and pubs. -Sports: Football, cricket and Wimbledon. -Food and Drink: Fish and Chips, a cup of tea and a pint of beer. </ul>
13. The Three National Symbols
14. The Royal Family
15. Royal Guards
16. On the street
17. Famous people
18. <ul>Famous Monuments </ul>
20. Food and Drink
21. BRITISH TRADITIONAL FOODS <ul><li>British food has traditionally been based on beef, lamb, pork, chicken and fish and generally served with potatoes. </li></ul>
22. <ul><li>The most common and typical foods in Britain include the sandwich, fish and chips, pies, trifle and roasts dinners.Some of their main dishes have strange names like Bubble & Squeak and Toad-in-the-Hole. </li></ul>
23. What is a typical English Breakfast?
24. What is the traditional English Breakfast? <ul><li>A typical English breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, baked beans and a cup of coffee. </li></ul>
25. <ul><li>However, a typical English breakfast is more likely to be a bowl of cereals, a slice of toast, orange juice and a cup of coffee. </li></ul>
27. <ul>What is a typical British lunch? </ul><ul><li>Many children at school and adults at work will have a 'packed lunch'. This typically consists of a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a piece of fruit and a drink. </li></ul>
28. DINNER The evening meal is usually called 'tea', 'dinner' or 'supper'.
29. What is a traditional British Dinner? <ul><li>A typical British meal for dinner is &quot;meat and two veg&quot;.
30. One of the vegetables is almost always potatoes.
31. Vegetables grown in England, like potatoes, carrots, peas, cabbages and onions, are very popular. </li></ul>
32. FISH AND CHIPS <ul><li>Fish and chips is the classic English take-away food and is the traditional national food of England.
33. The fish is deep fried in flour batter and is eaten with chips. </li></ul>