2. Every second:
• A new user joins LinkedIn
• 20 minutes of video are uploaded to YouTube
• 60 tweets are published to Twitter
3. If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest in the world.
* An open letter from Mark Zuckerberg
4. People now spend more time using social media than e-mail.
Nielsen Global Online Media Landscape Report 2009
5. Social media is more than just hype.
6. 68% of new media users feel better served when
they can have a conversation with your brand.
2009 Cone Consumer New Media Study
7. Here’s how to get started.
8. Establish listening stations.
A listening station is a social media site
or tool that you use to monitor your
customer’s conversations about your
brand, competitors, and industry. A
listening station informs you how your
audience is using social media.
9. Passports Embassies Home Base
Passports are proﬁles and Embassies are your This is where your true
identities on social outposts on the social web. fans gather. It could be as
networks and social media Here, you fully engage in simple as a blog or as
platforms. Regardless of conversations. Your complex as a full ﬂedged
whether you expect to interactions in embassies social network. This will
interact on a particular will be split between become your most
platform, you should have actively engaging people valuable permission asset.
your passport in place so and gently nudging them
you can engage quickly.
towards your home base.
Build a social media framework and define goals.
10. Engage your customers and spark conversations.
11. Measure the growth, emotions, and actions of