To help interns on-board development at Microsoft by
designing and developing a Windows phone 8 application
• Stints @ Microsoft - Code4Bill finalist, MSRI.
• Elite competitive programmer – World finals of ICPC, TopCoder Open, Google Code Jam
• Start-ups (co-founder) - JustReco, Agile Design Labs, MyCodeSchool
• Stints @ Microsoft - SDET with Bing (2008- 2010), SDE with Visual Studio (2010 – 2012)
• Start-up (co-founder) – MyCodeSchool
• Start-up founded in 2012 – delivering online lessons on programming.
• We create content (videos, online courses) to help people learn programming
• We rank at top for prime queries on YouTube
• A desk with Windows-8 machine
• VS ultimate and Windows phone 8.1 SDK
• An unlocked Windows phone/ tablet
• Good temperament and lots of energy.
• Multiple activities (45-60 minutes) structured as short interactive talks
followed by problem-solving session.
• Learn required skills while trying to solve a real problem.
• Instructors will move around guiding you. Ask when stuck.
• Details of activities and other resources can be accessed here:
• How to think like “real” developers while approaching a problem.
• How to build and deploy Windows phone 8 application from scratch.
• How to write quality code (reusable, maintainable, testable).
• There are no stupid questions, only answers can be stupid.
• We are not going to rank you. No certificate will be awarded.
• Activities may require patience. Search for solution and do not give