HOW DO YOU IMAGINE SOCIAL
INTERACTION WITHIN 10
YEARS, TAKING INTO
CONSIDERATION THE IMPACT OF
TECHNOLOGY ON HUMAN
DAVINIA RODRÍGUEZ SANTOS
IE MIM CANDIDATE 2013
A DRASTIC RESTRUCTURATION OF THE
CONTEMPORARY CULTURAL LANDSCAPE
HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE A WHILE
AGO AND IT IS NOT YET OVER. NEW
TECHNOLOGIES CONTINUE TO
EVOLVE, NOT AS MUCH AS MEDIA BUT
Major changes in social relations observed in the past:
• Human interactions and daily activities
• Development of work. Education and training
AND DAILY ACTIVITIES.
• Relations beyond those face to face (wider communication flow)
• Body language relegated to a second place
• Hidden emotions, less value associated to character and conduct
• Misunderstandings, misinterpretations
• Replacement of social integration and relationship skills
• Risk of deviant acts and misrepresentations
• More universal language and tastes
• Weaker family ties and friendship. Lost family communication and
• Expansion of visual environment and perception
• New forms of entertainment with lack of physical interaction
DEVELOPMENT OF WORK.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
• Increased speed and reliability in processes and procedures
• Interactivity and automatization of tasks and activities
• Greater action scope
• More means of communication
Future generations will not know other ways to interact than those
that require the use of new technologies, as they have not
experienced the change and see this environment as natural.
However, in 10 years adaptation problems will widen in those
generations which technology has caught in advanced middle age.