Transfer and Transformation
• Transfer - just a movement from one place
to another ….water mountain to ocean..
• Transformation - actual change of state or
material -- liquid water/evaporates… CO2
to sugars/starch in plant .
flows and storage
• Flows are input and output • exmple….input food -- output wastes
• Storage -- usually a transformation into a
form of matter/energy that can be used
3. Construct & Analyse
• Actually draw or analyse a drawing of flows
(inputs/outputs) and storage
4. Evaluate the strengths and
limitations of models
QuickTime™ and a
TIFF (Uncompressed) decompressor
are needed to see this picture.