3. Census in Schools 2010 Challenge and Opportunity <br /><ul><li>Nearly universal Internet access</li></li></ul><li>Major Components of the Census in Schools Program <br />Census in Schools Web site (www.census.gov/schools)<br />Web-based K-12 materials, lesson plans, quizzes, and games<br />Partnerships with educational organizations<br />K-8 lessons in English and Spanish<br />
4. Distribution of Materials<br /><ul><li>Every school in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the Island areas can have online access to materials.
5. School principals will receive printed materials.
6. U.S. District Superintendents and Highest Island Educational Officials will receive a letter and sample materials.
7. Everyone will receive K-8 English and Spanish take home materials.</li></li></ul><li>Target Audience <br />All educators, parents, and students in Kindergarten through the 12th grade in all public, private, tribal, and home schools in the United States.<br />All Kindergarten through 8th grade public, private, tribal, and home schools in Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S.Virgin Islands.<br />
8. Census in Schools Time Frame<br /> Summer 2008 through Summer 2009 Establish partnerships with educators.<br /> Inform educators of Census in Schools plans and ideas.<br /> April 2009<br /> Launch Census in Schools web site at:<br /> www.census.gov/schools<br />
9. Census in Schools Time Frame<br />Winter 2008 through Summer 2009<br /> Prepare program materials.<br />August 2009<br /> Census in Schools is in the schools.<br />Any week between February and April 2010<br /> Teach Census week.<br />
10. Preparation For School Year 2009-2010<br /><ul><li>August 2009 - Deliver Grade 9-12 U.S. Program Brochures to:</li></ul>Principals <br />Social Studies Department Chairs<br />Student Service Learning Coordinators<br /><ul><li>August 2009 – Deliver Grade K-8 Principal Packets to:</li></ul>All K-8 schools in the U.S., Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas and U.S. Virgin Islands <br />
11. Census in Schools Home Page<br />
12. For Teachers/Teaching Resources<br />
13. Portal for Kids<br />
14. Coloring Page<br />13<br />
15. Word Find<br />14<br />
16. Portal for Teens<br />
17. State Facts for Students<br />
18. State Facts for Students<br />17<br />
19. QUESTIONS?<br />18<br />Jose F. Martínez-Garriga<br />Partnership Specialist<br />U.S. Census Bureau<br />Atlanta Regional Census Center<br />Phone: 407-433-5452<br />E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org<br />FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT<br />www.census.gov/schools<br />