Impact Investing in Ecovillages
• Demand for green homes far outreaches supply.
• The ‘green home buyer’ target market continues to grow
• Builders build huge McMansions and largely miss the opportunity to
provide homes to the green home buyer.
• People want healthy homes in friendly neighborhoods. They want
homes with front porches and friendly neighbors (ecovillage model)
but nobody builds them.
The Problem We Solve
• We build ecovillages that satisfy the green home buyer’s demand for
healthy homes in friendly neighborhoods.
• We’re bringing back the front porch and raising the level of
performance and happiness for today’s home buyer.
• We build homes that are non-toxic, save money/energy/water and
help create a better way to live.
• Operational expenses including: ofﬁce rent, salaries, marketing, etc.
• Development expenses including land purchases, pre-development
and construction, etc.
For Impact Investors Only
• We seek investors who want more than just a ﬁnancial return.
• Our impact investors receive returns in several areas including:
ﬁnancial, societal, economic, environmental, etc.
• Impact investors who are committed to their personal legacy are our
• Investors are cashed out (principle + proﬁts) at the completion of
• Jim Simcoe - Founder and CEO of Simcoe Green Homes. A
nationally recognized green builder/sustainability speaker and author,
Jim has worked on green real estate projects throughout North
America. Jim has been featured on NBC, Fox, SmartMoney.com, and
San Diego Insider TV.
• Kristi Byers - AIA, LEED®AP BD+C is the president of Kristi Byers,
Architect APC. She has worked in and studied architecture for more
than two decades and has participated in a diverse range of
commercial, civic, education, residential, mixed-use and master
planning projects in roles ranging from Project Designer to Project
Architect to Project Manager and Director of Sustainability.
Our Team (continued)
• Bob Massaro - The CEO of Healthy Buildings, Bob has been one of
the leaders in the green building industry for the last 30 years. He has
an impeccable track record with over 150 green homes built and
numerous green building awards won.
• Aubri Almendariz - A college professor by trade, Aubri runs
operations for SGI. Aubri’s experience with the real estate
development world began in 2003,working at a small commercial
acquisition and development ﬁrm in Del Mar.
• 40+ combined years experience in green development and
• Unique knowledge of the expanding green buyer target market.
• 10+ years experience working in the sustainable living and
community-centric housing market.
Scale - Opportunity
• Our model scales greater than just our target market of Southern
California as long as people want green healthy homes.
• Our healthy home, ecovillage model can be expanded to any
community in the US.
• Demand for new homes dries up.
• Housing market crashes 40%+.
• Credit requirements tighten.
• Demand for homes dries up - Our homes will still sell because they
have little competition and offer major beneﬁts that other homes
• Housing market crashes 40+% - Our homes appraise for more
money and offer a competitive advantage so they should not be hit
as hard as typical homes.
• Credit requirements tighten - We target mid-level buyers, not ﬁrst
time homebuyers. These buyers have historically still purchased
houses when credit is tight.
• Capital invested into Simcoe Green Investments is put towards all
• You are investing in the company, the team, not just a speciﬁc
• Legacy Investors receive 3.5% preferred dividend on top of proﬁt
Why Now? Why Us?
• We are at the convergence of high market desire, low market
penetration and incompetent competition.
• Team is uniquely qualiﬁed to scale this opportunity quickly.
• What started as a trend is rapidly becoming the standard for our
target buyers. Our team is on the front end of that curve.
The Next Step
Contact Jim Simcoe for an exploratory call to learn more.