View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Loiselle * Room 306 * Grades 8/9
• Boy Scouts need not apply! You will take a quiz to see if
you would live or die first and then review how to survive.
Boundary Waters Canoe Area will be a focal point!
Minute to Win it!
• Kristensen & Affeldt * Room 320
• Mrs. Heidi Williams * Room 205
• There are TWO SWAT options dedicated to this hit NBC
show. It's full of mini-challenges that must be completed
within one minute. Come and try out these fun mini-
• Zurn / Carlson * Gym 1
• Come be part of a winning team. Dodge ball with Zurn
and Carlson. What could be better? Bring your tennis
shoes and wear comfortable clothes.
Come to the
• Becraft *Room 318
• Explore movies from silent era to modern films. Check
out how the movies and special effects have changed. All
that is needed is a love for movies!
• JOHANSON * Gym 1
• During this time together we will use problem solving and
team work as we navigate through various team building
activities. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!!!
• Oneill * Room 324
• Don't be BORED!! Play a BOARD Game! Here you will find
board games that challenge your mind while you enjoy
that challenge with your peers. Learn a new game or
revisit a familiar favorite! If you have a favorite you would
like to teach others to play, check with Mrs. ONeill at
Team Strategy for
Capture the Flag
• Olson/DeBoer * Meet in Gym 2
• How can a team use defensive and offensive strategies to
win at a game of Capture the Flag? How can members on
a team work together to accomplish their goal of
winning? If you are inerested please sign up. Wear your
• Brophy * Room 217
• Learn how to play Ladder Golf and KUBB with Mrs.
Brophy. Please dress for the weather.
Lawn game: KUBB
• Oman * Room 200
• Kubb is a game played grass. You throw wooden sticks
under-handed at your opponent's standing wood blocks
to knock them down. It is a combination of bean bag toss,
ladder golf, pool and bowling all put together. Please
dress for the weather.
• Driver/Thompson * Room 305
• Are you afraid of heights? Does gravity bring you
down? Then this game of skill and excitement is
definitely NOT for you. Only those who dare live on
the edge, are not afraid of falling objects and don't
shriek at loud noises need sign up. Bring a steady
hand, a keen eye, and a penchant for smack talking to
this game of rack 'em and stack 'em. Winning team
will walk away with bragging rights and the imaginary
gift of their choice. Sign up early. Giant Jenga spots fill
rapidly. Meet in 303 then migrate to the sidewalk by
the bus corral.
Demoltion Derby 101
- Car Maintenance
• Engstrom * Room 315
• This is a how to for demolition derby car building! If you
like to see cars crash and what is behind building a car
come to this SWAT! Ask any questions you would like -
pictures and video will be shown!
• Also - basics of car mechanics (changing oil, checking oil,
transmission fluid, air filter, changing tires, safety, etc.)
will be discussed!
• Ben Finger * Room 329
• We will build catapults and have a marshmallow fight. We
will build a catapult from rubber bands and pencils. These
catapults are capable of launching a marshmallow 20 to
30 feet. You will have the opportunity to build something
that you can keep!
• Browning Zerby * Room 311
• Do you like watching television? Do you ever get
frustrated and feel like you could write a better television
show? THIS SWAT IS FOR YOU! We will look at types of
television shows and do a mix up with the genres-creating
new and interesting twists. Bring your keen mind, your
creativity, and your sense of fun! Props are also welcome.
Creative Corner -
• Lewis, Wacloff * 216
• Come join Lewis and Wacloff for some artsy, crafty journal
making. Design your own journal and put it together. We
will have supplies to deck-out your journal and make it
your own. Come socialize while you craft.
• Mrs. Schultz, Mrs. Sticha: Media Center Tables
• Using paper folding and origami techniques, create a mini-
book that can be used to share pics or special messages.
• Kay-Lewis * Room 212 * 7th Grade Only
• A tabata workout uses jump training to burn calories and
condition your leg muscles to perform faster in various
sports. Must wear tennis shoes! Dress comfortably!!
Mrs. Kay will provide Gatorade. Seventh Grade only.
• Mr. Aleckson * Room 218 * 7th Grade Only
• We will be participating in a variety of activities engaging
our ability to communicate. We will learn about how
verbal and nonverbal communication have effects on our
relationships with friends, teachers, and people.
Fun With Food
• Baumbach/Blodgett * Room 100
• Learn how to make delicious treats with the FACS
Department! We will be making puppy chow, Cheerios
bars, Rice Krispie treats and a surprise item. You will be
able to take home a sampling of all the above items along
with a copy of the recipes. Must have basic cooking skills.
• See you soon :)
• Hoeschen & Boots * Room 328
• Future artists, get ready to draw! No great drawing talent
is required, just be ready to have some fun.
Make Your Own
• Sedey * Room 300
• We will be creating our own sugar body scrubs TO KEEP!
Different types of sugars and scents will be available to
choose from. We will also see what your scent of choice
says about you! As a final touch, we will be decorating
the jars and bringing them home at the end of the day.
• Van Sickle * Choir Room
• Come and learn some basic Broadway dance moves and
learn some choreography to a song from a Broadway
show! No dance experience required - dress comfortably
and be ready to dance!
Riddle Me This
• Ms. Simons * Room 215
• Come join in some riddle fun! How many can you
• Toufar * Room 202
• You will design, laser cut, and laser engrave a keychain.
• Braa * Room 319
• Trying to improve chess skills and playing matches.
• Holl and Nelson: * Room 221
• Come construct and fly paper airplanes with Mr. Nelson
and Mr. Holl. The current record for the "champ" model
paper airplane is 32.7 seconds. Make a paper airplane
that can fly further. Based on examples, we will make and
Bands that WILL
change your life!
• Larson * Room 325
• We will be listening to some songs from lesser known but
totally awesome bands/artists! Be ready to hear some
deep, soul searching music!
Math and Spirit
• Grabosky * Room 213 * OWL TEAM ONLY
• Come make fun math posters and Shakopee East School
Spirit posters! Bring your music!
Who did it? Murder
• Johnson * Room 305
• Use your detective skills to play a real-life clue game.
Bring a notebook and pencil.
• Yego/Andreen* Room 307
• So, you think our school looks like a brick
prison? Do something about it! Calling all
artists, doodlers, and creative souls. You
will be allowed to paint and draw on old
book pages. Post-its will be another
medium we will use. Artwork will be
displayed as bulletin board murals. Bring
any art supplies you would like to use -
Sharpies, paint, charcoal, pastels. We will
also have supplies to share.
• Mr. Thompson * Room 326
• We will be making collages of our strengths and interests.
Art Club Studio Day:
• Staub * Room 109
• Interested in making some art? Couldn't fit art
into your schedule? Come to Art Club! This time
we will focus on 2D art materials. Come create a
2D art work to take with you. You select from a
variety of media for drawing or painting. Also,
there will be a demo and materials to create your
own pencil pouch for art supplies.