0
Summary of Pew Hispanic Center’s “Census 2010: 50 Million Latinos  Hispanics Account for More than Half of Nation’s Growth...
 
 
<ul><li>50.5 million Hispanics make up 16.3% of total U.S. population. This is a growth of 43% between 2000 and 2010. </li...
<ul><li>Most Hispanics live in nine states that have major Hispanic communities: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, I...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Census

390

Published on

Published in: Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
390
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • I had to add 2 extra slides to this presentation, otherwise there simply would not have been room for my visual aids.
  • Transcript of "Census"

    1. 1. Summary of Pew Hispanic Center’s “Census 2010: 50 Million Latinos Hispanics Account for More than Half of Nation’s Growth in Past Decade” http://www.pewhispanic.org/2011/03/24/hispanics-account-for-more-than-half-of-nations-growth-in-past-decade/
    2. 4. <ul><li>50.5 million Hispanics make up 16.3% of total U.S. population. This is a growth of 43% between 2000 and 2010. </li></ul><ul><li>17.1 million Hispanics under the age of 18 make up 23.1% of this age group. This is a growth of 39% between 2000 and 2010. </li></ul><ul><li>33.3 million adult Hispanics make up 14.2% of the adult population in the U.S. This is a growth of 45% between 2000 and 2010. </li></ul><ul><li>Ra cial and ethnic minorities accounted for 91.7% of the nations growth over the decade ; non-Hispanic whites accounted for the remaining 8.3%. </li></ul><ul><li>Hispanics are the largest minority group in the nation </li></ul><ul><li>Numerical growth is high but the growth rate is somewhat slower than previous ones </li></ul>
    3. 5. <ul><li>Most Hispanics live in nine states that have major Hispanic communities: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, and Texas, but they have been dispersing into other states. </li></ul><ul><li>Hispanic population has more than doubled in: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Maryland, and South Dakota. </li></ul><ul><li>In 6 states, the only population growth was Hispanic! These include: Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. </li></ul><ul><li>In Michigan, state population declined but Hispanic population grew. </li></ul><ul><li>Most Hispanics live in the West and South, but the fastest growth has been in the South and Midwest . </li></ul>
    1. A particular slide catching your eye?

      Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

    ×