0502 Object Oriented Programming Through Java Set1Document Transcript
Code No: RA210502
II B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Apr/May 2008
OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING THROUGH JAVA
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science
& Engineering and Information Technology)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Write a program for concatenating two strings. 
2. (a) Name any four Java packages. Give any two classes of a package.
(b) What is data abstraction? What is information hiding? Contrast them.
(c) Contrast: inheritance Vs. composition. [6+5+5]
3. (a) De ne virtual function and give advantages of it.
(b) Explain about static and dynamic binding with examples. [8+8]
4. Describe about various components in Swing. 
5. A program throws an exception and the appropriate exception handler begins exe-
cution, and this exception handler in turns throws the same exception. Is this above
approach creating an in nite recursion? Justify your answer with an example. 
6. De ne a Thread? Explain the hierarchy of Thread class? Discuss about the various
methods in thread class with examples. 
7. Write a program to handle HTTP get request? 
8. (a) What is TCP/IP? What is the di erence between TCP/IP and UDP/IP?
(b) What is socket? Which socket is used for client and server in TCP?
(c) How does a client can create a connection with a server? How does a server
can create a connection with a client? [5+5+6]
1 of 1