1. GRUNDTVIG PROJECTFLOWERS UNIT EUROPE (FUE)<br />GRUNDTVIG<br />PARTNERSHIPS<br />This project has been funded with support from the European Commission under the Lifelong Learning Programme. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein<br />
2. GRUNDTVIG PROJECTFLOWERS UNIT EUROPE (FUE)Project number: 2009-1-PL1-GRU06-0511<br /><ul><li> ACLI CampiFlegrei (Naples – Italy)
3. May – June 2010 </li></ul>The photographs shown in this presentation were taken by Leonid Smulsky, SebastiàGuillem and Alfonso Marotta.<br />.<br />
5. Aims of the visit:<br />Evaluation session about the first year of collaboration. <br />Preparation of progress report for the National Agency.<br />Power point presentations about the activities done during the first year of collaboration.<br />To acquire and improve knowledge about the Mediterranean Flora and naturalistic heritage of the Flegrei Fields and other areas of Campania region.<br />To make partners aware of internal and external resources of ACLI association both in human terms and as regards its professional competencies.<br />
6. Aims of the visit:<br />To Involve partners in taking part into events organized with the involvement of local people and ACLI association members (learners and staff ) in order to communicate our idea and disposition toward friends and strengthen the human relation among the Italian team, local community and Partners.<br />To acquire knowledge about the main features of the Flegrei Fields territory with reference to its Flora, geological and archaeological aspect.<br />
7. Activities <br />Evaluation session<br />Preparation of progress report <br />Study visits<br />Mortella Garden on the island of Ischia<br />Botanical garden of Napoli<br />Palace and garden of Caserta <br />Exchange of material collected during the different visits and specially in Naples for pedagogical purpose and didactic use <br /> Visit to the ACLI association <br />
8. Activities: evaluation session<br /><ul><li>The project meeting was mainly devoted to evaluate the results, impact and dissemination of the project after the first year of collaboration. During the evaluation sessions each delegation was asked to synthesize the result of their work and focus on the project achievement and its impact on staff and learners.
9. All the coordinators expressed satisfaction, especially about the quality and degree of learners and staff participation and involvement into the project. All activities have been successfully realized and additional activities have been realized too such as the website and logo of the project which Italy was responsible for.</li></li></ul><li>Activities: preparation of progress report<br />All the delegation members discussed about the final report for the National Agency, focusing especially on the aims, activities and final products. All delegates equally contributed to the realization of the progress report. The result was a common final draft.<br />
10. Evaluation session and preparation of progress report<br />
11. Evaluation session and preparation of progress report<br />
12. Evaluation session and preparation of progress report<br />
13. Activities: study visits<br />Mortella Garden on the island of Ischia<br />The guided study visit at the charming tropical garden of Mortella on the island of Ischia (with its more than three hundred plants ) was an opportunity for each participant to enjoy the scents and colours of the flora and enrich the knowledge about exotic plants, Mediterranean flora, aquatic plants and orchids. The group was particularly fascinated by the water lily area named Victoria house. <br />Everything about the extraordinary blooming of these plants was explained to the group by the guide and an expert botanist. <br />The garden is also an example of a perfect landscape architecture. <br />
14. Mortella Gardenon the island of Ischia<br />
15. Mortella Gardenon the island of Ischia<br />Different moments of the guided study visit to Mortella Garden<br />
16. Activities: study visits<br />Botanical garden of Napoli<br />At the OrtoBotanico (Botanical Garden of Naples), one of the great botanical gardens of Italy for the consistency of its collections and extension, the partners explored (guided by an expert botanist guide) several areas: desert area, citrus orchard, arboretum, Pynophyta areas, fernery, Mediterranean bush, palm grove carnivorous plants, etc.<br />Particularly interesting was the observing of epiphytes plants living on other form of vegetation but autonomous as far as nutrition is concerned. They get water and minerals thanks to particular hairs they have on the surface of their leaves. These plants are especially widespread in the rainforest. <br />
17. OrtoBotanicoBotanical garden of Napoli<br />
18. OrtoBotanicoBotanical garden of Napoli<br />
19. Activities: study visits<br />Palace and garden of Caserta <br /><ul><li>The visit at the palace of Caserta, listed as a world heritage site by UNESCO, was organized in order to give the participants the idea of the two main European styles in gardening: the Italian style and the English one. During the visit a documentary film was shot in the English garden. The intention was to use it as didactic material.
20. All the study visits were joined by a group of learners and young people at risk of social exclusion.</li></li></ul><li>Palace and garden of Caserta<br />
21. Palace and garden of Caserta<br />
22. Exchange of material<br />One of the important activities in each meeting is the exchange of material collected by de different delegations during the visits for pedagogical purpose and didactic use.<br />Some power point presentations activities were shown such as “The spring flowers” and a video documentary film about the visit in Mosset, where the members participants took part to different seminars and workshops, one of them devoted to the creation of flower compositions created by each member participating in France. The videos and power point presentations were realized by the Spanish team with the support of all material provided by each delegation.<br />
23. Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br /><ul><li>The visit at the ACLI Association in Naples aimed at giving partners wider and better information about the kinds of activities sustained and developed by the Association at international, national, regional and local level.
24. The partners were also informed about the ideology, believes and aims standing beyond the several projects and activities carried out by ACLI. Each of them, though in its specific field and target to specific people, is pushed essentially by a common and shared policy based on spreading active citizenship and democracy.</li></li></ul><li>Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br /><ul><li>During the visit ,with the support of an overhead projector connected to Internet, the partners were also given further instructions about the best use of the website “Flowers unit Europe”. They were explained how the home page and links work and how to insert and add new writing reports.
25. In addition we discussed about the importance of using the forum section which will be used by learners and staff starting from the next year. </li></li></ul><li>Visit to the ACLI association<br />Webmaster Alfonso Marotta explaining the secrets of the FUE project web site<br />
26. Visit to the ACLI association<br />
27. Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br /><ul><li>The ACLI members, learners and staff, with the support of local people, other no profit associations of the area and local authorities such as the Major of Monte diProcida,Dott. Francesco Paolo Iannuzzi,organized a big traditional Neapolitan feast that was celebrated in the conference room of the comune in Monte diProcida. Partners together with local people enjoyed Neapolitan songs and traditional food breathing a friendly atmosphere. </li></li></ul><li>Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br />Here a lot of final hand made final products on the themes of flowers were displayed: needlework on cloth of any kind, pictures created through embroidery technique, pottery, floral arrangement and decorations made of chocolate and sugar. The feast was celebrated in the conference room of the comune in Monte diProcida.<br />
28. Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br />Floral decoration made of chocolate and sugar<br />
29. Activities: visit to the ACLI association<br />
30. Final results<br />Progress report. <br />Strengthening of the intercultural dialogue among members and staff of different countries.<br />Acquiring and enriching the knowledge about flora in the Mediterranean area and specifically in the Phlegrean Fields. <br />Getting knowledge about some plants reproduction and characteristics in blooming.<br />Collecting material for didactic use. <br />Documentary film about the English garden at the palace of Caserta.<br />
31. Final results<br />Increase the prestige of the association in the community and the international arena by embracing European dimension in its curriculum.<br />Enhancing learners and staff awareness of their own culture and their ability to pass this on collaborating countries. <br />Increase motivation to study foreign languages among partners and staff of the adults institutions involved.<br />Increase and refine the disposition of members and learners towards the beauty of nature, giving start to a process of positive attitude towards environment and its safeguard. <br />Getting to know some aspects of Neapolitan culture and tradition.<br />