1. 3 POLES RESPONSE:• I am concern• I am intrigue• I don’t care
2. Some recent predictions of end of the World:• Nostradamus (French scholar/ medical professor in the 1500s) – made famous by the 911 incident (World Trade Center)• The Bible Code (Michael Drosnin, 1994) – finding hidden codes in the bible and predicted - Dec 2, 2006 as the end.
3. Some recent predictions of end of the World:• Maya Calendar (ancient tribe in the jungles of Guatemala), their ancient text predicted that the “end date” is 21 Dec 2012.• Y2K Scare• Recent Tsunamis in Indonesia / Japan / Perfect Storm in New York…etc.
4. 3 ways people has wrapped around this subject:• Superstitious way – As early as BC634 – Roman empire – The black plague (12th century) – Comet predictions throughout different Centuries – World War I, II
5. 3 ways people has wrapped around this subject:• Scientific way – Mother Earth is gradually dying – running out its resources – Meteorite coming and collision will happen – Changes in world climate – Movement of core of the earth that causes ice to melt, flood… etc.
6. 3 ways people has wrapped around this subject:• Scriptural way – Islam – Hinduism – Buddhism…etc.
7. What does the Bible says about THE END?• End Time - Last Days, a period of time• 2. End Event - Christ Second Coming, a certain event• 3. End Judgment – Eternity is ushered, timeless and forever
8. End TimeLast Days - The days between Jesus Christ first coming and His second coming
9. First coming = 2000 plus years ago• Non disputed• Recorded in history• Jesus lived, walked, died, buried and rose again• The entire Christianity hinges on this event!
10. The 2 mysteries at work1. Mystery of Lawlessness 2 Thess 2:7 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
11. The 2 mysteries at work2. Mystery of Godliness 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
12. Both mysteries are consistently atwork till both are wrapped up at the end of the AGE
13. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 24Jesus left the temple and was walking away when hisdisciples came up to him to call his attention to itsbuildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly Itell you, not one stone here will be left on another; everyone will be thrown down.” 3 As Jesus was sitting on theMount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tellus,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will bethe sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
14. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 244 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am theMessiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of warsand rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom againstkingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in variousplaces. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
15. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 249 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and putto death, and you will be hated by all nations because ofme. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith andwill betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophetswill appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of theincrease of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
16. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2414 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in thewhole world as a testimony to all nations, and then theend will come. 15 “So when you see standing in the holyplace ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken ofthrough the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anythingout of the house.
17. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2418 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 Howdreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women andnursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take placein winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be greatdistress, unequaled from the beginning of the world untilnow—and never to be equaled again.
18. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2422 “If those days had not been cut short, no one wouldsurvive, but for the sake of the elect those days will beshortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, hereis the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 Forfalse messiahs and false prophets will appear and performgreat signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even theelect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
19. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2426 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in thewilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the innerrooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comesfrom the east is visible even in the west, so will be thecoming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass,there the vultures will gather.
20. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2429 “Immediately after the distress of those days“the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]
21. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 2430 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven.And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn whenthey see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven,with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angelswith a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his electfrom the four winds, from one end of the heavens to theother.
22. End Time Signs (before Jesus Second Coming)Matt 24 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its32twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know thatsummer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things,you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tellyou, this generation will certainly not pass away until allthese things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will passaway, but my words will never pass away.
23. 1. Signs of timea. False prophets / false claimsb. Wars and rumors of wars – nation rise against nation i. 15th Century - 29 wars ii. 16th Century - 59 wars iii. 17th Century - 75 wars iv. 18th Century - 69 wars v. 19th Century - 294 wars vi. 20th Century - 278 wars vii. 21st Century – 500 wars (the first 10 years has 55 wars)
24. 1. Signs of timec. Famines i. 15th Century - 6 famines ii. 16th Century - 10 famines iii. 17th Century - 24 famines iv. 18th Century - 28 famines v. 19th Century - 30 famines vi. 20th Century - 44 famines vii. 21st Century – 120 famines (the first 10 years has 12 famines)
25. 1. Signs of timed. Earthquakes (scale 7 or greater) i. 15th Century - 2 earthquakes ii. 16th Century - 3 earthquakes iii. 17th Century - 7 earthquakes iv. 18th Century - 13 earthquakes v. 19th Century - 29 earthquakes vi. 20th Century - 123 earthquakes vii. 21st Century – 1440 earthquakes (the first 10 years has 144)
26. 1. Signs of timee. Growth of Evil Tim 3:3-5 1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power
27. 2. Signs of Churcha. Pressurizing time for the Church, persecution will riseb. A falling away – people who will not hold their faith till the endc. Growth of the Gospeld. Unprecedented Harvest
28. 2. Signs of ChurchIsa 2:2 & Micah 4:1In the last daysthe mountain of the Lord’s temple will beestablished as the highest of the mountains;it will be exalted above the hills, and peoples will stream to it.
29. 2. Signs of ChurchActs 2:17“‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
30. 3. Signs in Middle East4. Signs in the Sky – darkening of moons / suns / falling of stars and shakening of Heavens
31. Matthew 24 (NKJV)36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even theangels of heaven,[e] but My Father only. 37 But as the days ofNoah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating anddrinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the daythat Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until theflood came and took them all away, so also will the comingof the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field:one will be taken and the other left.
32. Matthew 24 (NKJV) Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken41and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not knowwhat hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if themaster of the house had known what hour the thief wouldcome, he would have watched and not allowed his houseto be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be READY, for theSon of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
33. Do not bother predicting, but do allyou can preparing. Are you ready for THE END?END TIME IS NEVER ABOUT PREDICTIONS, BUT IT’S ABOUT PREPARATIONS THE QUESTION IS “ARE YOU READY?”