This is when animals of the same kind live together and help each other.
This is the partnership when only one partner is helped.
While it drinks flower nectar, an insect spreads pollen among the flowers. Answers will vary.
A yucca moth provides a ball of sticky pollen from another yucca. In exchange it lays its eggs in the flower.
The other parts of the food web will change.
A producer can make its own food while a consumer eats what is made by the producer.
struggle that happens when two or more living things need the same resource
Answers will vary
Space and food
a living thing that breaks down waste and things that have died
Living things and natural events
Hurricane, flood, tornado, volcano
It helps the other plants to grow by providing nutrients.
to break down, or rot
Exercise and avoid germs
small living things that include bacteria and viruses, many of which can cause illness
food water shelter air clean environment
The beaver dam changed the habitat and the resources available to the mice and rabbits. Some of the mice and rabbits have either died or moved to another area.
1. Powerpoint Jeopardy Click Here for Final Jeopardy Living Things Interact Get Energy Competition Environments Change Healthy Environment 10 10 10 10 10 20 20 20 20 20 30 30 30 30 30 40 40 40 40 40 50 50 50 50 50
2. Define the term “ interact”.
3. Describe helping in groups.
4. Describe one kind helping another.
5. Give an example of two kinds helping each other.
6. Describe how the yucca moths and yucca plants help each other.
7. What kind of animal eats only plants?
8. Name the only living thing that can make its own food.
9. ________ passes to living things within food chains.
10. Explain what will happen if one part of the food web is removed.
11. Explain the difference between a producer and a consumer.
12. Define competition.
13. Provide an example of a predator versus a prey.
14. Name two things that living things compete for.
15. What is competition over a period of time called.
16. Small trees trying to get space from larger trees is an example of ____________.
17. Define the term “ decomposer”.
18. _______ _______ and _______ _______ can cause change.
19. Give three examples of a natural event that can cause change.
20. How does the ash left from a fire help other plants?
21. Define the term “ decay”.
22. This is the place where food is broken into pieces.
23. Name two ways you can stay healthy according to your book.
24. Define the term “ germ”.
25. True or False: You must eat a variety of foods to stay healthy.
26. Name five things people need in order to survive.
27. Welcome to Final Jeopardy! You may wager as much or as little as you would like depending on how many points your team has. The category is: Data Analysis
28. You collect data in a field next to a stream over time. You trap and count 16 field mice and 10 rabbits. A beaver builds a dam that floods the field. You now trap and count 7 field mice and 4 rabbits. Interpret this data.