Windows Store App - Globalization
1) Add Strings folder in project. In the Strings folder add folders for different language that needs to be
supported by the application. In each language folder add a Resources.resw file. Refer to the image below. I
have added two resource files for English and Japanese.
2) Go to each resource file and add resources for content and width property of the button in the view
(XAML). Refer to the image below.
English Resource File
Japanese Resource File
3) Now we can go to view (XAML) and hook up the button with the resource (navButton) in Resources.resw
file using x:Uid attribute on the button.On doing this the button picks value for its Content and Width
properties from the Resources.resw file.
4) Set the default language for the application in Package.appxmanifest.
5) Test the application by toggling the system language preferences from control panel.