View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Ideas and tools for
building a business
using the Internet
Governor’s Office of Economic Development
Utah Broadband Project
The Green Polka Dot Box sells natural and organic, non-GMO
foods at wholesale prices, and delivers direct to doorstep.
A family run company that began with 7 employees has now
grown to approximately 30 and will continue to grow.
• Approximately 21,000 small businesses
in rural Utah
• Approximately 30% of these business
currently have a website. (7,000)
A 7 day, 6 stage, race that travels through approximately 170 miles of beautiful
Starting at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon through to the finish line at the
Grand Staircase National Monument in Utah.
Matt Brown a local resident
Official photographer for
the Grand to Grand Ultra
Last year he photographed
118 people with
approximately 80 photos
• 97% of consumers search for
local business online.
• 78% of Internet users conduct
product research online.
• 40% of US smartphone owners
compare prices on their mobile
• 73% of mobile searches trigger
additional action based on
73% of business people use their
mobile devices to check email.
Use email as a way to market
• Sold close to
• Over 42,600,000
views on Youtube
• 350,000 likes on
• 132 pet adoptions in 2013 from a social media connection
• 400,000 referrals from social media in the last year
• 15,000 emails were added due to social media referrals.
Social Media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound
• 57% of businesses have acquired a
customer through their company blog
• Companies that blog get 97% more
• Sunrise Engineering
provided design and
for the City wide
system for Salem
Salem Irrigation System
Planning Software or Tools
Time Tracking Software
Questions can be directed to:
Utah Broadband Project Governor’s
Office of Economic Development