2.  The United States is a country that’s very heavily dependent on fossil fuel. Contribute more of 25% of the greenhouse gases today. Especially when gas is at $4 a gallon, there has never been any other higher demand for newer more fuel efficient vehicles.
3. Chevrolet promotion of e85 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6ja6hD8fw &feature=related
5. The Process Ethanol fuel or you can say “biomasses of alcohol fuel” are resulting from barley, wheat, corn, etc. (“Enjoying life of Earth Day” Auto Week mag).
6. Interests groups American Lung Association Automotive manufactures Oil companies Farms Etc.
7. Advantages It’s great for the environment. It reduces greenhouse emissions like carbine monoxides and nitrous oxides (Layton). The fuel is slightly cheaper than conventional gasoline. It is great High quality fuel Ethanol fuel can also keep your fuel system clean because it does not leave any varnish or gooey substance behind. Ethanol can also carry out a duty of absorbing moisture in the fuel system
8. Corvette GT1 racing team Source: http://www.greencar.com/art icles/corvettes-race- renewable-fuel.phpSource: Kaho, Todd. "Corvettes Race Renewable Fuel | GreenCar.com." Electric Cars, Hybrid Cars & More | Green Car.N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Nov. 2009.<http://www.greencar.com/articles/corvettes-race-renewable-fuel.php>.
9. What happens if using E85 in avehicle that is not intended?It can lead to corrosion in the fuel system metal parts damage plastics nonmetallic fuel system parts normally used in today’s internal-combustion engine.Note: It’s always a good idea to check the car manual if you’re not sure.
10. Disadvantages E85 gas stations There is less energy in ethanol than there is in gasoline By consuming the amounts of energy from food crops would deplete the amount of land It creates more energy and pollution to produces ethanol fuel. . Technicians always run across replacing injectors and fuel filters on many flex fuel vehicles. Old gunk and residue may clog up your fuel system
12. My View We should not substitute all foods just for energy, because than we have to work harder than we already are. 852 gallons of corn-based fuel = U.S average driver of 10,000 miles a year. Ethanol fuel is great for your motor and the environment, but old gunk and residue may clog up your fuel system. I always recommend my customers to stick with one kind of fuel, try to avoid switching fuel and always use the fuel that vehicle was intended to use.
13. Referance Biofuels and food security | fair and square. (n.d.). fair and square | information for the concerned consumer. Retrieved November 24, 2009, from http://www.fairandsquare.coop/?q=node/63 Biofuels and food security | fair and square. (n.d.). fair and square | information for the concerned consumer. Retrieved November 6, 2009, from http://www.fairandsquare.coop/?q=node/63 Cornell News: Gasohol economics. (n.d.). Cornell Chronicle Online. Retrieved November 3, 2009, from http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Aug01/corn-basedethanol.hrs.html ERJAVEC, J. (2005). Automotive Technology. Cliftens Park, NY: A systems approach. Growth Energy Market Development. (n.d.). Growth Energy Market Development. Retrieved October 21, 2009, from http://www.e85fuel.com Kaho, T. (n.d.). Corvettes Race Renewable Fuel | GreenCar.com. Electric Cars, Hybrid Cars & More | Green Car. Retrieved November 10, 2009, from http://www.greencar.com/articles/corvettes-race- renewable-fuel.php Kaho, T. (n.d.). Corvettes Race Renewable Fuel | GreenCar.com. Electric Cars, Hybrid Cars & More | Green Car. Retrieved November 9, 2009, from http://www.greencar.com/articles/corvettes-race- renewable-fuel.php Layton, J. (n.d.). HowStuffWorks "Is ethanol really more eco-friendly than gas?". Howstuffworks "Auto". Retrieved November 4, 2009, from http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ethanol-facts.htm Enjoying life of Earth Day• . (2006, April 24). Auto Week, 18.