Childcare in Denmark<br />
About Denmark<br />      Meaning<br />     of the Flag:<br />Red with a White Cross; cross known as Dannebrog which means ...
About Demark cont’d<br />Population: approx. 5.5 million people<br />Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark<br />Denmark con...
Denmark’s Childcare System<br />Staff: <br />Must have a faculty manager who is a qualified social educator.Must have 3.5 ...
Types of Childcare in Denmark<br />Child Minder  <br />Nurseries<br />Special Facilities<br />International Childcare<br /...
Six Themes of Development <br />Personal Competencies<br />Social Competencies<br />Body and Motion<br />Language<br />Nat...
Denmark vs. Canada<br />Similarities:<br />Some Canadian and Danish childcare systems pull ideas of curriculum and develop...
Denmark vs. Canada<br />Differences:<br />Denmark ranks number 1 in Childcare and Canada ranks 14.<br />Infants sleep outs...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Childcare in denmark[2]

918 views
791 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
918
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Childcare in denmark[2]

  1. 1. Childcare in Denmark<br />
  2. 2. About Denmark<br /> Meaning<br /> of the Flag:<br />Red with a White Cross; cross known as Dannebrog which means “Danish Cloth”.<br />Coat Of Arms:<br />Is a devotion of <br />Sovereignty<br />
  3. 3. About Demark cont’d<br />Population: approx. 5.5 million people<br />Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark<br />Denmark consists of 443 islands, but only 76 are populated<br />
  4. 4. Denmark’s Childcare System<br />Staff: <br />Must have a faculty manager who is a qualified social educator.Must have 3.5 years experience. <br />Men make up 8% of employees in day-care facilities and women make up the other 92%. *Canada; 3% of men <br />Ratios:<br />0-3 yrs; 3:1<br />3-7 yrs; 6:1<br />Age Integrated Facility 0-7 yrs; 6:1<br />Special Day-care; 3:2<br />
  5. 5. Types of Childcare in Denmark<br />Child Minder <br />Nurseries<br />Special Facilities<br />International Childcare<br />Facilities for Disabled Children<br /> "Childcare, Babysitting." EasyExpat.com. Easy Expat, 29 Aug. 2008. Web. 3 Dec. 2009.  <http://www.easyexpat.com/en/copenhagen/practical/babysitting.htm>.<br />
  6. 6. Six Themes of Development <br />Personal Competencies<br />Social Competencies<br />Body and Motion<br />Language<br />Nature<br />Culture<br />Six Aims<br />The Danish governments Six Aims in improving child’s lives within Denmark at ages 0-6 years.<br />Neugebauer, Roger. "Early Childhood Trends Around the World." Exchange, The Early Leader's Magazine. May & June 2007. Web. 30 Nov. 2009. www.childcareexchange.com.<br />
  7. 7. Denmark vs. Canada<br />Similarities:<br />Some Canadian and Danish childcare systems pull ideas of curriculum and development from Vygotsky’s Philosophy; knowledge of life and culture, social interactions etc.<br />
  8. 8. Denmark vs. Canada<br />Differences:<br />Denmark ranks number 1 in Childcare and Canada ranks 14.<br />Infants sleep outside in strollers<br />Canada is income based; provides subsidy in regards to income<br />Denmark is non-income based; government provides no matter income status<br />50% of young children use childcare facilities in Canada<br />83% of young children use childcare facilities in Denmark<br />

×