Your website looks great and utilizes the latest features to engage your audience. But are you losing valuable customers due to browser related performance and rendering issues?
The current economic climate leaves no room for error. Every frustration felt by your customers directly affects your online revenue and operational costs. Web applications render and perform differently from one browser to another. Browsers like Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.1, and Google Chrome herald a major change in the way browsers operate - from increased client-side processing to more parallel infrastructure connections.
Failing to stay ahead of these changes means lost customers and conversions.
Join Gomez CTO Imad Mouline for this slideshow to learn:
* Best practices to ensure browser diversity does not result in lost revenue and rising call-center costs
* What today’s “Browser Wars” mean for e-commerce execs and any company doing business on the web
* Best practices to overcome challenges in delivering quality web experiences across browsers
* How to determine browser impact on web application performance
* Learn about challenges you'll face with the upcoming Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.1 browsers
Recording with sound is available at http://www.gomez.com/info_center/multimedia.php