What did we find?
CAD e-Training did not exist as Digital School
could perceive it.
Believe it! – Then go and create it!
Features of effective e-Training
Industry Specific E-Tips and E-Knowledge
Competency based progress E-demos
Narratives Practical Examples
Interactivity Refresher Tests
All Learning Methods: Quizzes
Visual, Auditory and Hands-On Instructor Help Desk
Why incorporate e-Training?
As an Employer As an Employee
• Tailored • Immediate
• Customizable • Personalised
• Flexible • Review
• No team down time • Use own learning style
• Trackable – ROI • Immediate feedback
• Extended hours of resource • Self paced
availability • Cheaper – easier to convince the boss
• Immediate “just in time, just enough and just for me”
• Consistent content
•The way we work has changed
•The way we learn has changed
•Companies and Individuals are ready for e-Training
•Economic Pressure for e-Training: reduced budgets
"The next big killer application on the internet is going to be
education. Education over the internet is going to be so big it
is going to make e-mail usage look like a rounding error.“
John Chambers, CEO, Cisco Systems
What is next?
• 3D virtual worlds and events
• Multiplayer online games and Simulation
• On-demand Micro Feedback
• Experiential Learning
• Informal Learning
• Social Media
• Peer Learning
• Mobile Access “Online learning is not the next big thing...
it is the now big thing” Donna J. Abernathy