Be the first to like this
If your application is not fast people leave. It's that simple.
We have developed a repeatable process for assessing your web application performance and identifying bottlenecks. We can then fix the problems or give the detailed report to your team to implement solutions.
The best thing about this service is you are not on the hook to us every time you update code and need a new assessment. We can train your people on the tools and processes we use while we do the initial assessment.
The process we use has been finely tuned over time:
1. Identify areas under review. Are we reviewing the public web site? An internal, corporate application? A customer portal? Are we reviewing the entire application, or only the most critical areas, or a random selection of representative parts?
a. Identify key use cases – Which ones are we testing? Which ones are we ignoring?
b. Identify user profiles - similar to personas in the context of application design
c. Identify data workloads – we need to understand at what point the system starts to break down. How much data can a single page handle? 1 record? 10? 1,000? What is the maximum reasonable amount of data that any given page might contain?
3. Create test scripts and data workloads.
4. Run test scripts and record data
5. Analyze and report findings
6. Compare results with expectations and any earlier test iterations
7. Modify the application code
8. Start again at step 4 after software changes