Configuring GAL account to Both
Reason for creating this Document:
This Document is applicable for Zimbra 8.0.x.x server /above.
If you are trying to configure your GAL setting to both, you may face some
You may not able to sync external ldap data.
This document will help reader to configure external Ldap.
By following this document, you may configure your GAL to internal and
external email address list (GAL – Global Address List).
2. Login in Zimba Administration – Admin Mode
------------------------------------------Step 1) From the Left Side of Panel Select Configure Option
3. Step 2) Select Domains from Left Side, and then select your desire
Domain Name from right side panel and click on Configure GAL option
from small triangle button.
4. Step 3) If external Data Source GAL Name is not visible in you case, then you
have to add new external Data Source. Zimbra 8.0.XX version comes with
Internal Gal Account by default. But if you wish to configure your GAL Mode to
both, you need to create external data source.
If there is already external data source available, then you can skip next step and continue with step 5
5. Step 4) Creating New external data source in
existing gal sync account
zmgsautil addDataSource -a email@example.com -n ExternalGAL -domain yourdomain.com -s yourdomain.com -t ldap -f _ExternalGAL
• In above command:
– firstname.lastname@example.org is your gal account name
– Replace rest of yourdomain.com key with your domain name
• After execution of above command, start again from step 1 to step 3,
external data source Gal name should be visible now. Go to Step 5.
6. Step 5) Fill all the information as per attached example screen. Enter
your Gal interval for internal and external Gal.
Your ldap server name and port number. Default port is 389.
You need to enter LDAP Filter and Auto complete Filter.
7. Step 6) Complete the wizard with your server and ldap
setting one by one.
Also check firewall setting for ldap server port.
Do not skip test and sync test option.
Click finish to complete.
8. Step 7) Force sync process immediately by following
Run this command from zimbra user:
zmgsautil forceSync -a email@example.com -n ExternalGAL
Now Make new web loging and compos new mail and check the listing of email address.