Social Recruitment Landscape Today
• Mobile usage
• Sites that share
(Trip Advisor, Yelp,
• Sign into other
applications via Social
• Building candidates
• More on line
• Emphasis on brand
• Served up jobs while
on social sites
• Easier to apply to
jobs via social
networking site (Sign
in w/ LinkedIn)
Professional & Company Branding
• Recruiters are the number one front line brand
ambassadors for your company.
• Candidates look up Recruiters via LinkedIn to find about
them. How do you want their profiles to represent them
and the company?
• Take a ways:
– Introduce a LinkedIn brand standard for Recruiters
– Add branding elements within current work experience
• Take a ways:
– Assess the skill level of your team.
– Develop a training plan.
– Identify your system champions and
ask them to present success stories/
new things they are doing.
– Identify skill gaps and use training to
bridge the gaps. This may be 1:1
with certain individuals.
• Do Recruiters have the appropriate skill set to execute your strategy?
• Don’t rely on a self-service approach. Engage vendors to work with your
Recruiters to build their skill set. e.g. Boolean search training.
• The more confident Recruiters are, the more comfortable they will be to
How do we know if we are successful?
• Social recruiting means thinking about how and
what you measure in different ways.
• Metrics should be part of your strategy to:
– Anchor accountabilities
– Educate users/ communicate success
– Refine strategy
Use Metrics to Anchor Accountability
• Guidelines around what will be measured. This sets
expectations around ROI
• Anchor accountabilities by creating benchmarks and
frequently measuring against them
• Build transparency by communicating results. Identify
those who need more help and who your super stars are
• Focus on quality vs. quantity
Use Metrics to
Communicate & Educate
Take a ways:
• Engagement: Followers, In Mail acceptance, views
• Branding: Reach, Number of employees, shares
• ROI: #Hires, CPH, #applications, #searches, #InMails
Rethink about what you are measuring. Hires
are not the only measure of success.
Dispel assumptions through metrics:
• Candidate Pool
• Who are we hiring?
Use Metrics to Refine Your Strategy
What is the data
Take data from
reporting and use to
refine your strategy.