26. Content Strategy @ Cisco Not “space- constrained” but “smaller” No sentence over 18 words Eight uses of “you”
27. Content Strategy in ActionWords matter 27
28. Content Strategy in ActionWhat does your content need todo? 28
29. People-ready 29
30. People-ready? Focused on target audience Task and solution-oriented Non-native speaker friendly 30
31. Global-ready 31
32. Global-ready? Next-generation Automation MT not TM On-Demand MT Long-tail languages 32
33. Search-ready 33
34. Search-ready? SEO – Search Engine Optimization More content delivered via Google Search performance is a challenge for Support After-Sales Content is relevant for Sales! 34
35. What’s it called again? Circulating pump Recirculating pump Pump, circulatorCirculation pump Pump Circulator pump Water pump Recirculation pump 35
36. What’s it called again? 循环泵 泵 再循环泵再循环水泵 水泵 循环水泵 热水循环泵 冷水循环泵 36
37. What’s it called again? Heizkreis-UmwälzpumpeHeizkreisumwälzpumpe KesselthermenpumpeHeizkreispumpe Umwälzpumpe Heizungspumpe Gerätepumpe Heizungsumwälzpumpe 37
38. What are the benefits of doing this? Write Edit Translate SEO Time off!!
39. What are the risks of not doing this? HTC Windows phone – How long has it got to impress?
40. What are the risks of not doing this? HTC Windows phone – How long has it got to impress?
41. Google: “windows smartphone” HTC Samsung Nokia
42. The risks of not doing it? xxxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
43. Take aways Content Strategy Matters – the actual content, not just delivery – people-ready, global-ready, search-ready Strategy is good – success comes through execution Governance – Creation – Analytics – Optimization
44. Take aways You need technology to make this happen: – Faster (up to 30% faster) – More reliably (metrics driving process) – More transparently (reporting) – More effectively • > CSAT (for example 30% better content) • > Findability (up to 100% more traffic)