Going with today’s theme, please give your
name and your favorite logo.
4. Just a quick blog reminder:
1)Your first reading response is due
tonight. It’s over the readings from last
2)You have one research blog post due
this week, and 2 every week from here
5. The point of
is merely to
read with understanding.
6. The Logo Redesign:
For the final submission, you should upload
a completed, colored logo with a written memo
of approximately 500 words explaining your
choices. You will also submit with this project a
shorter, 200 word or less, cover letter to the
team “selling” your new logo and mascot.
7. …you really want to think about is why the
current logo is problematic. Remember those
elements of rhetorical analysis we talked
about last class.
So here are a few looks at the main logo, the
logo in action, and some of the Redskins
8. Logo: a distinctive
symbol of a company,
person, service or idea.
9. And a reminder…
22. transition. Logo readings!
The 10 rules…
23. 1) Answer who, what and why.
24. 2) Identify, don’t explain.
25. 3) Understand limitations.
26. 4) Be seductive.
27. 5) Make mnemonic value
28. 6) Pose a question.
29. 7) Design for longevity.
30. 8) Make the logo the foundation
of a system.
31. 9) Design for a variety of media.
32. 10) Be strong.
33. Transition: Photoshop Activity
34. You should have:
1)A movie poster
Watch my example, then try it!
35. For Tuesday:
Read: Wysocki (x2), Benjamin and
Remember your memes are due