Burkina faso
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Burkina faso

on

  • 174 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
174
Views on SlideShare
174
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Burkina faso Burkina faso Presentation Transcript

  • Burkina Faso Tanzania's population has been estimated to consist of roughly : – Christian 62%, Muslim 35%, followers of indigenous religious groups 3%.32 The CIA World Fact book however states that 30% of the population is Christian with Muslim being 35% and indigenous beliefs 35%.33 3
  •  
  • Burkina Faso people majority of the Burkina Faso people comprises of several ethnic groups and tribes. The Mossi group forms the majority of the population in Burkina Faso, comprising almost 40% of the total number of people. The remaining 60% of the population is made up the other tribes and clans namely, Fulani, Mande, Senufo, Bobo, Lobi and Gourounsi. The population of the country is about 14 million people.
  • Currency and politics
    • Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world with an average income per capita of €250 (US$300). More than 80 percent of the population relies on subsistence agriculture, with only a small fraction directly involved in industry and services. Highly variable rainfall, poor soils, lack of adequate communications and other infrastructure, a low literacy rate, and a stagnant economy are all longstanding problems of this landlocked country. The export economy also remains subject to fluctuations in world prices.
  • population
    • The country has a high population density, few natural resources, and a fragile soil. Industry remains dominated by unprofitable government-controlled corporations. Following the African franc currency devaluation in January 1994 the government updated its development program in conjunction with international agencies, and exports and economic growth have increased. Maintenance of its macroeconomic progress depends on continued low inflation, reduction in the trade deficit, and reforms designed to encourage private investment
  • Financial system
    • The Burkinabé financial system represents 30 percent of the country’s GDP and is dominated by the banking sector, which accounts for 90 percent of total financial system assets. Eleven banks and five non-bank financial institutions operate in the country.
    • The banking sector is highly concentrated, with the three largest banks holding nearly 60 percent of total financial sector assets. Banks are generally adequately capitalized, but remain vulnerable due to their overexposure to the cotton sector, the prices of which are subject to significant oscillations
  • More Financial stuff
    • As of 2007, the World Bank estimated that 26 percent of the Burkinabé population has access to financial services. The Central Bank of the West African States (BCEAO) reports that about 41 microfinance institutions MFI s operate in the country, serving a total of 800,000 customers. Burkina Faso is a member of the regional Bourse Regional des Valeurs Mobilières (BRVM) located in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. As of 2009, the regional stock exchange’s market capitalization reached nearly 10 percent of Burkina Faso’s GDP.
    • Burkina Faso was ranked the 111th safest investment destination in the world in the March 2011 Euro money Country Risk rankings