● What is Juju
● Juju demo - on AWS
● What is MAAS
● Juju demo - OpenStack deployment
● Juju charm
What is juju?
● Juju provides service orchestration
● Uses Charms that encapsulate the logic to
deploy a service and its dependencies
● Can be accessed via CLI, Web UI and API
Juju can ...
● Configure, manage, maintain, deploy and scale
complex application environments efficiently
● Operate with several providers (MAAS, EC2,
● Use constraints to deploy to specific machines
based on tags or hardware specs
What is MAAS?
● MAAS manages physical machines with the
same ease and flexibility as virtual machines
● MAAS can:
○ Discover, Commission and Deploy physical
○ Dynamically re-allocate physical resources to
○ match workload requirements
○ Retire servers when they are no longer needed
○ Be controller for API used for service
● Charms give Juju its power
○ Encapsulate application configurations
○ Define how services are deployed, how they
connect to other services and are scaled.
● Charms are easily shared
○ There are 100s of Charms already rated and
reviewed in our Charm store.
Juju Charm - Charm Store