• Marie Tussaud (1761–1850) was born in
• Her mother worked as a housekeeper for Dr.
Philippe Curtius, who was a physician skilled
in wax modeling and he taught Tussaud the
art of wax modeling.
• In Paris she became involved in French
Revolution and was arrested
• she was to be executed but was released and
then employed to make death masks of the
victims of the guillotine.
• In 1802 she fled to England. She took her own
• She died in 1850 at the age of 88.
• Madame Tussaud is known for her wax
sculptures and for her wax museums.
• There are currently 15 Madame Tussaud’s
attractions around the world.
• Madame Tussaud's wax museum has grown to become
the most important tourist attraction in 15 cities
Point of contact for moveable Madame Tussauds
People of contact at Merlin Entertainment:
Colin Downing (U.K.)- Interim Marketing Director
Melissa A.(Greater New York City)- Partnerships & Promotions
Krissi N. (U.K.)- Marketing & Events executive
Rebecca H. (U.K.)- global Head of Marketing
Nimali W. (U.K.)- Head of Marketing, Madame Tussauds
Sally Ann Wilkinson/
+44 20 8899 6110
+44 20 8948 3725