Solutions to the problem can be
found in my blog post
Use serialisation formats designed for data
1. Make everything optional
2. Properties are internally accessable by numeric id
3. You can deprecate properties
4. You can add properties with new id
Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:
MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
The breaking change in a team is
about mental health
Not technical difﬁculties
The ﬁve keys to a successful Google team 1/2
1) Psychological safety: Can we take risks on this team without
feeling insecure or embarrassed?
2) Dependability: Can we count on each other to do high quality
work on time?
3) Structure & clarity: Are goals, roles, and execution plans on our
The ﬁve keys to a successful Google team 2/2
4) Meaning of work: Are we working on something that is
personally important for each of us?
5) Impact of work: Do we fundamentally believe that the work
we’re doing matters?
However Fresh Blood in the Team is
• Data representations
• Client server communication