Restaurant City Optimization
Getting to level 20 in a week!
Apisilp Trunganont (MacroArt)
Mone Gourme Popularit
y t Point y
To achieve level 20…
• You need 86,000 Gourmet Points.
• Popularity score (maximum at 50) does
not matter. It is just lagging indicator.
• Money and Employee Energy do some
matter. I will explain later.
Gourmet Point Formula
GP = P × Q
• P = Point you will earn when your waiters
clear customer’s dish.
• Q = Quantity of dishes you can serve
customers, count from the beginning of
playing this game.
• Increment of P and Q will make you
achieve level 20 faster!
Level of dish
• Level 1 (Simple) = +1.0 Gourmet Point (GP)
• Level 2 (Standard) = +1.2 GP
• Level 3 (Classic) = +1.4 GP
• Level 4 (Tasty) = +1.6 GP
• Level 5 (Delicious) = +1.8 GP
• Level 6 (Luxurious) = +2.0 GP
• Level 7 (Gourmet) = +2.2 GP
• Level 8 (Sensational) = +2.4 GP
• Level 9 (Ultimate) = +2.6 GP
• Level 10 (Royal) = +2.8 GP
What if you do not level up any dish?
• Scenario 1: Running your restaurant with only level-1 dishes in 3
• Scenario 2: Level up your dishes to one more level when you can
achieve higher game level. So you will have level-10 dishes in 3
categories after you achieve level 10 of the game.
– 1 cook & 1 waiter in game level 1
– 2 cooks & 1 waiter in game level 2-4
– 3 cooks & 1 waiter in game level 5-7
– 3 cooks, 1 waiter & 1 cleaner in game level 8-10
– 4 cooks, 1 waiter & 1 cleaner in game level 11-13
– 4 cooks, 2 waiters & 1 cleaner in game level 14-16
– 5 cooks, 2 waiters & 1 cleaner in game level 17-20
– Cooks work 100% of time
– Maintain employee energy at 80.0% up
What if you do not level up any dish? (cont.)
• Scenario 1
– Serve 86,000 dishes to achieve level 20.
– Need at least 85 hours to serve 86,000 dishes.
– To achieve in a week, you have to play at least 12
hours a day.
• Scenario 2
– Serve 31,510 dishes.
– Need 32 hours.
– Play 4.5 hours a day.
Get level-10 dishes
• Focus on only one dish in each category.
• Choose the right dish to level up.
• Collect the ingredients-you-need.
Get new ingredients
• Daily free ingredient
– Play the game everyday to get free ingredient.
• Daily food quiz
– Choose the correct answer to get free ingredient.
– Review the correct answer at
• First friend visit
– Convince your existing friends to play RC and then visit their restaurant.
– Add new friends to get more free ingredient. BE CAREFUL, if you have
too many friends, your game will get slower and your browser will crash
after a few visits. You may have to remove some friends from your
– Post your Facebook profile at
– Use your coins to buy from the ingredient stall on the pavement on the
top right outside of your restaurant.
Ingredient Trade Tips
• You can trade your ingredients with your friends. On the other hand, your
friends can trade with you too.
• If you agree that it is difficult to get new ingredient, you must always LOCK
your ingredients. So you will never get the unwanted ingredients.
• Many-stars ingredients do not mean they will be good for your game. 1-star
flour is rare item and it is required in 8 dishes. While you always get 5-star
saffron from everywhere, but it is required in only 1 dish.
• Do not be selfish. Do think of your friend. You should offer only the
ingredient-your-friend-need for the ingredient-you-need. Or at least, you
should offer the ingredient that your friends do not have it yet.
• Use marketplace to match your and your friends’ need.
Evaluate the right dish to level up
• How easily you can find the
ingredients you need?
• See what ingredients are offered
by 10,000+ players.
• Assign the easy-to-find (ETF)
score from 0 to 1 for every
• In this case, pepperoni and
saffron are the most given with
95-100% share, so let give them
• Carrot has 90-95% share, give it
• Prawn is the less given with
5-10% share, give it 0.10 score.
* From RC Market App - May 16, 2009
Evaluate the right dish to level up (cont.)
• Calculate the easy-to-level-up (ETLU)
score for every dish using the following
ETLU Score = [i1 + i2 + i3 (+ i4)] ÷ n
• i = ETF score of ingredient required in dish
recipe (some dish like Vegetarian Fried
Rice requires 4 ingredients)
• n = Number of required ingredients (3 or
Criteria of Evaluation
• Every required ingredients must have
easy-to-find score above 0.25.
• The higher easy-to-level-up score, the
preferable dish it is.
Speed of Service
• Minimize waiter walk
– Use block style for table arrangement.
Speed of Service (cont.)
• Minimize customer walk
– Some tips may suggest you to use furniture to extend
– But longer path from door to table means tables are
often vacant and you loss the opportunity to sell.
– I suggest you to shorten the path from door to table.
• Maintain employee energy
– Replenish your employees immediately when their
energy go below 80.0%.
– Cooks can complete their job within 15 seconds if
their energy are above 80.0%. Cooking time will
significantly drop to 30 seconds if their energy are
79.9% or below.
• Table-to-Cook ratio should not be lower
• Too many tables may disappoint
customers because they must wait longer.
• But who cares? The Popularity score does
not affect your Gourmet Point and level.
• Always replenish your cook energy. Cooks
work fast, customers are happy.
• Always stay in your restaurant if possible. When you are in
your own restaurant, you will earn both money and Gourmet
• Redecorate your restaurant, change menu, go out to street,
visit your friends’ restaurants, or quit from game, will still
generate money for you, but not Gourmet Point.
• If you have to quit from game
– Leave only 1 cook and 1 waiter to work.
– Let others go to rest.
– Click save.
– When you come back again, you will get 2,000 coins but will loss
only 400 coins to buy 2 sandwiches to replenish 1 cook and 1